It is that time of the year again! The Game Awards 2017 is taking place this week, and some well deserving games are about to get their time in the award spotlight.
2017 has been a huge year for gaming. Final Fantasy XV may have released right at the end of 2016, but it shepherded 2017 into a gaming fest. It has been a long time since I played multiple games worthy of their full price, one after another. This year was just that, as I was fortunate enough to review multiple heavy hitters for Vamers — heavy hitters that were well worth it in the end. Heavy hitters that had some reference or another during the Game Awards 2016.
As you might imagine, we are all eager to find out what this year’s Game Awards might have in store. While information is scarce and Geoff Keighley remains tight-lipped, rumours suggest a few enticing things! I do not usually report on rumours, but I cannot help but mention that one rumour seems to suggest that we might see more Death Stranding. Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and Keighley go back a long time, and I doubt that the awards would take place at all if Kojima-san were not to attend.
Now, rumours aside, we can safely say that this will be, according to Geoff, the “biggest Game Awards ever”. In fact, it will be so big that Keighley himself has started hyping it up, Elon Musk style. In a tweet, he not only mentioned that it would be big, but he also revealed the exact times The Game Awards 2017 will go live.
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) December 1, 2017
Besides knowing that it airs on Thursday, 7 December 2017, we also know that it will air at 8:30 PM Eastern Time and 5:30 PM Pacific Time. This translates to 3:30 AM on Friday, 8 December 2017 Central African Time; and 2:30 AM Central European Time.
With the times out-of-the-way, you must be wondering where and how to watch? Well, fret not! Vamers will host the YouTube live stream of the show right here, on this page. Just keep an eye out for the video embedded below. If you would like to be reminded, just click on the video, and click on the “set reminder” button. If you do find this page during the stream, simply click the video for live playback to start.
What are you most looking forward to? What game do you think will win the Game of the Year Award? Comment below!
- WhatsApp now allows you to watch YouTube videos in a chat - 19 January, 2018
- Instagram testing cross-posting Stories to WhatsApp - 19 January, 2018
- FoxNext acquires Cold Iron Studios to work on a new ALIEN shooter - 19 January, 2018
- Overwatch’s Blizzard World map is a theme park based on Blizzard games - 18 January, 2018
- Tencent and Bluehole crack down on PUBG hacks - 18 January, 2018
- YouTube Dark Mode on iOS spotted in the wild, coming soon - 17 January, 2018
- Scribblenauts Showdown puts words at the forefront of a multiplayer party game - 17 January, 2018
- MechaStorm introduced in new anime trailer for Heroes of the Storm - 17 January, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue 4K Remaster coming to PS4 & Xbox One - 16 January, 2018
- Prepare to die, once more, in Dark Souls: Remastered - 16 January, 2018