LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is almost here! To celebrate, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games have released a brand new vignette showcasing all new gameplay! What makes it even better is that it has been inspired by Thor’s latest cinematic outing.
The vignette draws clear inspiration from Thor: Ragnarok (2017) and its outstanding humour. This is great news, since I have long grown tired of the cheesy humour featured in TT Games’ LEGO adaptations of late. I particularly also like how the entire vignette is themed around the Thor: Ragnarok trailer. It features the signature 1980s neon fonts, electronic music, and hard-hitting scenes (by “hard-hitting”, I obviously mean well executed, and perfectly timed humour). A pity then, that LEGO Dimensions has been cancelled.
The new vignette showcases a lot of Planet Hulk’s various characters, such as Hulk, Red Hulk, and She-Hulk; as well as a number of Thor’s lovable companions, such as Heimdall, the new iteration of Thor in the form of Jane Foster, Maestro, and – of course – Loki! It also seems to be set in Asgard, home of the Asgardians and one of 18 “unique and iconic Marvel locations” that you can expect to visit once the game releases on 14 November 2017.
The game centres around the struggle to bring the time-travelling Kang The Conqueror to his knees. It features four-player competitive battles, 2-player co-op, as well as the signature 2-player split-screen co-op. It also features the usual fan-favourites from earlier LEGO games, such as platform puzzle solving and epic beat’em up scenarios pulled directly from the cinematic universe that is loosely featured within the game.
The game is set to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and Nintendo Switch later down the line.
- Eight Game of Thrones Stars who are also Successful Musicians - 12 July, 2018
- MotoGP 18 hits the road, swerves and crashes, in one foul slide [Review] - 10 July, 2018
- Five actors who could play Miles Morales on the big screen - 4 July, 2018
- PlayStation Plus Games July 2018: Heavy Rain, Absolver & more! - 2 July, 2018
- Gears Pop! marries Funko Pop! and Gears of War in the best way possible - 22 June, 2018
- Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course expands Cuphead in 2019 - 22 June, 2018
- Square Enix announces Just Cause 4 during E3 2018 - 22 June, 2018
- Session channels Skate in the best way (Xbox One Timed Exclusive) - 22 June, 2018
- Jump Force is the Shonen Jump crossover fighter that fans have dreamt of - 22 June, 2018
- The Coalition announces Gears 5 for 2019, aiming for 60 FPS experience - 22 June, 2018