Huawei likes its German partnerships, and this is evident with the new Huawei Mate 9. Not only does the new phone feature Leica’s patented optical camera lenses, but it also features a look that has been created by Porsche’s design team! The Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design is a sleek looking device that will burn a hole in your wallet! As CNet puts it, “It is easy on the eyes, but rough on the wallet“.
The Mate 9 Porsche Design comes with a 5.5” Quad-HD 4K display. It is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC (System on a Chip) and comes with 6 GB of RAM. Unlike its normal variant, the Mate 9 Porsche Design boasts a whopping 256 GB of internal storage. However, unlike the standard Mate 9, it features a slightly slower CPU (unusual, given the price tag) and its internal storage cannot be upgraded with additional MicroSD cards. The Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design also has a Leica approved dual-lens camera system, which has a 20 MP primary lens and 12 MP secondary lens for phase detection and laser focus.
The Mate 9 Porsche Design also supports various different wireless bands including WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 3G and 4G. Since it is a high-end device, the Mate 9 Porsche Design includes all of the bells and whistles that one can expect from a flagship phone.
The new phone also runs on Huawei’s Emotion UI system, which is a modified version of Android 7.0 and is designed around ‘improved intelligence and smoother experiences’.
Perhaps the biggest thing about the Mate 9 Porsche Design is its price. It has a rather high price tag of $1545 USD. That translates into roughly R21,900 ZAR [Editor’s Note: not too bad, considering how local South African operators are selling the iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB for over R22 000]. That is enough to put down as a deposit for a new Toyota Aygo! I may be walking around with a R12,000 iPhone 6 Plus, but that additional R8,000 price tag is just a bit too much, in my opinion.
- Gwent Arena is a new game mode coming to CD Projekt RED’s Gwent - 19 February, 2018
- World of Warriors is a fun little multiplayer game coming to PlayStation 4 - 19 February, 2018
- Multiplayer dating sim, Monster Prom, fulfils your monster fantasies - 19 February, 2018
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 gets Black Panther DLC - 19 February, 2018
- Elder Scrolls Online: Dragon Bones DLC expands Tamriel’s mythology - 19 February, 2018
- For Honor player base reaches new heights on game’s anniversary - 19 February, 2018
- Monster Hunter World is a JRPG lover’s wet dream [REVIEW] - 16 February, 2018
- Rainbow Six: Siege free weekend is now live (15 – 20 February 2018) - 15 February, 2018
- Final Metal Gear Survive beta is now live! Includes PC! - 15 February, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Update improves Nemesis System and more - 12 February, 2018