Hold on to yer horses! Red Dead Redemption 2 is official and it is coming next year!
After a couple of teasers from Rockstar’s twitter account that no one in their right mind would think of as anything else, the American-based studio has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released in the fall of 2017. That means spring, for the southern hemisphere crowd.
The official poster shows the silhouettes of seven western warriors. This puts off heavy Magnificent Seven vibes, and could also be a play on the fact that a similar function as Grand Theft Auto Online could come to the game.
Besides the tweet that confirms the game, we do not much more information about the game. The official website states that the game is developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.
— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) October 18, 2016
According to Rockstar, the game will only release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, much to the dismay of PC fans. As bummed as I am about this, I think we should first ask Rockstar to bring Read Dead Redemption to PC before we even ask that the sequel makes an appearance. If it ever does come to PC, it will, no doubt, be way down the line. Grand Theft Auto V for PC lagged an entire year behind the consoles.
Rockstar also tweeted that Red Dead Redemption 2’s first trailer will drop on Thursday, 20 October 2016. I, for one, cannot contain my excitement!
- Mad Catz turns 30, announces Limited Edition R.A.T. 8+ 1000 Gaming Mouse - 23 August, 2019
- Project Blue Book explores real life case files of the “most mysterious time in US History” - 23 August, 2019
- The Hunt Borderlands 3 trailer puts FL4K “The BeastMaster” to work - 20 August, 2019
- Sony’s Fall 2019 DualShock 4 controllers evoke geeky nostalgia - 20 August, 2019
- A “sound improvement plan” is next on the PUBG roadmap - 17 August, 2019
- Final Fantasy VIII Remaster tweet revives classic FF8 meme - 17 August, 2019
- New Razer Viper ambidextrous gaming mouse offers “absolute control” - 17 August, 2019
- LEGO Hidden Side adds gamification and AR to traditional block building - 16 August, 2019
- Comic Con Africa 2019 to host Business of Gaming Forum 2019 - 15 August, 2019
- Amara “The Siren” brings astral plane fighting to Borderlands 3 - 13 August, 2019