A few weeks ago M-Net Movies embarked on a campaign that leveraged the power of social media to bring superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man and The Hulk to Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town, respectively.
The M-Net Movies campaign asked the South African Twitter community a simple question: “what could a superhero do in your city in order to brighten your day”?
There were some interesting requests that ranged from Batman cooling down cyclists and Spider-Man swinging around the Moses Mabhida Stadium all the way to my personal favourite, because it was my suggestion, getting The Hulk to visit a children’s village.
The great video compilation below showcases how the ‘Superheroes Rocked Up’ in each of the cities and how they brightened the day’s of many unsuspecting South Africans.
Kudos to M-Net Movies for running a truly unique and successful campaign that helped bring joy to many people, especially children, across South Africa.
If you were not lucky enough to spot a superhero in your city, fear not because M-Net Movies is bringing them to your home with a superhero themed movie every night at 19:00 for the entire month of October on M-Net Movies Showcase (channel 108 on Dstv).
- Mini Motorways Review – Engrossing traffic planner - 26 September, 2019
- Three Reasons why Nespresso is best for Gamers - 17 September, 2019
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Borderlands 3 PC Specs Revealed: how does your PC fair? - 10 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019