A few weeks ago M-Net Movies embarked on a campaign that leveraged the power of social media to bring superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man and The Hulk to Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town, respectively.
The M-Net Movies campaign asked the South African Twitter community a simple question: “what could a superhero do in your city in order to brighten your day”?
There were some interesting requests that ranged from Batman cooling down cyclists and Spider-Man swinging around the Moses Mabhida Stadium all the way to my personal favourite, because it was my suggestion, getting The Hulk to visit a children’s village.
The great video compilation below showcases how the ‘Superheroes Rocked Up’ in each of the cities and how they brightened the day’s of many unsuspecting South Africans.
Kudos to M-Net Movies for running a truly unique and successful campaign that helped bring joy to many people, especially children, across South Africa.
If you were not lucky enough to spot a superhero in your city, fear not because M-Net Movies is bringing them to your home with a superhero themed movie every night at 19:00 for the entire month of October on M-Net Movies Showcase (channel 108 on Dstv).
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019