Cartoon Network Africa and Turner Africa have confirmed that Pop Up Party Season 2 will arrive in 2019. The hit Cartoon Network show features local children expressing themselves through incredible dance challenges.
According to Turner Africa, Cartoon Network has been “hard at work” behind the scenes to bring its African viewers a more “colourful, vibrant and energetic dance show”. One that will be dazzle, hype and excite all who watch.
Pop Up Party season 2 features 16 children who are highly talented in dancing. These children come from different backgrounds in Cape Town. From Khayelitsha, Fish Hoek and Milnerton, and “beyond”. They will face off against each other to express themselves through movement and dance. In every episode, the children take part in a random music challenge that will put their talents to the test.
Music challenges features locally produced music. Each track is composed for the show, to ensure that the children have not heard the tracks before. Each challenge will also use themes drawn from a pot. These include the Dino Challenge, Vosho Challenge, Bollywood Challenge, and DVD Challenge.
The new season of Pop Up Party focuses on challenging kids through fun and positive challenges, all against the backdrop of iconic locations in Cape Town. Turner Africa says that audiences can expect to be “captivated by the kids sharing their passion for dance along the beautiful Sea Point promenade to Khayelitsha streets and through BoKaap’s quirky architecture”.
Pop Up Party season 2 will feature the founder of United Township Dancers, Mthuthuzeli ‘Stoan’ Galela. As a self-taught dancer, turned choreographer, Stoan has played a significant role in making sure the kids (most of whom are his proteges from underprivileged backgrounds) put their best feet forward. Stoan explains that Pop Up Party has been a “great confidence boost” for the children, and that “dance is a powerful tool for kids to discover themselves”.
If you like dancing, and seeing local and young talent in action, you can catch Pop Up Party season 2 on Cartoon Network, DStv Channel 301, from Monday, 7 January 2019 at 3:40 PM CAT.
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018
- Triggerfish wants to put more African creators on the big screen - 30 December, 2018
- PES 2019 Data Pack 3 adds new stadiums and more - 29 December, 2018
- Remastered Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is here! - 28 December, 2018