When it comes to tactical team-based games, Wasteland 2 (and the game before it) is one of a kind. The Wasteland games are team-based, tactical, turn-based strategy games set in a post-apocalyptic world where survival is key. The player takes on the role of a group of desert rangers who roam the wastes and help the denizens therein.
A little while ago, I tweeted InXile Entertainment that I would love to see Wasteland on iOS. While they may have taken my request to heart, it seems that they decided to go with a dedicated mobile gaming machine: the Nintendo Switch. I mean, I am not complaining!
Recently, in a tweet by InXile Entertainment founder, Brian Fargo, fans were treated to a Nintendo Switch rocking the Wasteland 2 main menu. I think anyone will agree that the game is coming to the mobile-hybrid console after seeing his photo. To put the cherry on top, Fargo even captioned it: “how about a little tease”. Consider me teased and ready for more, Brian!
How about a little tease… pic.twitter.com/Zwh8gL8cQL
— Brian Fargo (@BrianFargo) December 12, 2017
All in all, the tweet does not show much except the aforementioned menu. Regardless of that, however, it is still nice to know the game is in development. I am a huge fan of turn-based games and Wasteland 2 knocked it out of the park in terms of gameplay and story. I initially played Wasteland 2 a few years back, then revisited it in 2016 with the Director’s Cut. The game received favourable reviews from critics and fans alike upon release.
A release date has not yet been revealed. Regardless, I guarantee the game is a perfect fit for Nintendo’s newest console.
Thanks for the suggestion!
— InXile Entertainment (@Inxile_Ent) February 11, 2017
Now if only I could confirmation of it coming to iOS in the next decade?!
- WhatsApp now allows you to watch YouTube videos in a chat - 19 January, 2018
- Instagram testing cross-posting Stories to WhatsApp - 19 January, 2018
- FoxNext acquires Cold Iron Studios to work on a new ALIEN shooter - 19 January, 2018
- Overwatch’s Blizzard World map is a theme park based on Blizzard games - 18 January, 2018
- Tencent and Bluehole crack down on PUBG hacks - 18 January, 2018
- YouTube Dark Mode on iOS spotted in the wild, coming soon - 17 January, 2018
- Scribblenauts Showdown puts words at the forefront of a multiplayer party game - 17 January, 2018
- MechaStorm introduced in new anime trailer for Heroes of the Storm - 17 January, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue 4K Remaster coming to PS4 & Xbox One - 16 January, 2018
- Prepare to die, once more, in Dark Souls: Remastered - 16 January, 2018