Dragon Con is an annual event in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States, that celebrates fans of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, and other elements of fan culture. Like most geek based conventions, a large part of Dragon Con is dedicated to cosplay, which is an activity in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea from a work of fiction.
At this years Dracon Con, the folks over at Beat Down Boogie and Distractotron teamed up with The Superhero Costuming Forum to celebrate the highly acclaimed comic book writer and illustrator George Pérez – known for his work on Avengers, Wonder Woman, New Teen Titans and The New 52, among others.
Perez was celebrated by being a part of a massive cosplay showcase that pit the Justice League of America and DC Comic’s characters against The Avengers and other Marvel characters. The result is a wonderfully shot video that captures the essence of cosplay, highlighting some great costumes and the camaraderie associated with being a part of geek culture.
[Source: Almsot Nerdy]
- Win Comic Con Africa 2019 Tickets with Vamers and KFC - 16 September, 2019
- Bran the Broken will be at Comic Con Africa 2019 - 4 September, 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review: Fire-breathing Nostalgia - 3 September, 2019
- Lego Ideas Treehouse blooms sustainable bricks - 30 August, 2019
- LEGO Ideas Central Perk celebrates 25 years of Friends - 29 August, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint PC Specs Revealed - 29 August, 2019
- Control Review – Frustratingly Mysterious - 26 August, 2019
- Nerf MicroShots Fortnite TS Blaster Review – Pocket Sized Fun - 30 July, 2019
- The Boys Review – Exceptionally Fun Superhero Satire - 29 July, 2019
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019