LEGO City Undercover basically marries the open-ended gameplay of Grand Theft Auto with the cutesy and off-beat humour of the LEGO videogames that we have come to enjoy. The result, as gameplay preview videos would have us believe, is damn cool.
LEGO City Undercover allows players to assume the role of Chase McCain, a police officer who has to go undercover in order to capture the elusive Rex Fury, among other criminals.
The gameplay is considered to borrow elements from the Grand Theft Auto series. However, that is where the similarities end as the protagonists story is role-reversed with players taking on the role of a police officer, enforcing the law, instead of a criminal committing crime. Furthermore, recent previews have alluded to the notion that the game has more in common with action and crime movies and only shares the open-world motifs of the Grand Theft Auto series.
Unfortunately, the game is only being released on Nintendo’s Wii U console and appears to be exclusive to that platform for the time being. However, for those with a Wii U, it appears that LEGO CIty Undercover will utilise and take full advantage of the Wii U’s unique touchscreen GamePad.
LEGO City Undercover is scheduled to be released on the Nintendo Wii U within the first quarter of 2013.
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019
- Medievil Review – Sir Daniel Fortesque is back with a vengeance - 23 October, 2019