Some video game purists would argue that the 8-bit video games of the 80s were, and still are, some of the best games ever made. This belief stems from the notion that 80s videos games featured unique play styles while being relentless and unforgiving to the player, thus weeding out the casual from the hardcore gamers. The Youtube sensation Freddie Wong has touched upon the aforementioned notion in his latest short film ‘Old School VS. New School‘.
Old School VS. New School is a short film that depicts a video gaming battle royal, one which pits the pixelated video games of the 80s, like Pong, Centipede and Lunar Lander, against current popular culture video game characters such as Master Chief, Nathan Drake and Lara Croft. As is always the case when it comes to Freddie Wong, the production values are high for a fan made short film with fantastic visual effects, good acting, great cinematography and superb sound editing. In my opinion, Freddie Wong’s videos are the pinnacle of what is possible with a lot of talent and minimal resources.
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019
- Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines Officially Launched - 11 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Hot Toys 1/4th Scale Infinity Gauntlet - 11 April, 2019
- Four Xbox mascots, and their franchises, that need to be revived! - 3 April, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold April 2019: Tech Outcasts on Ghostly Battlefronts - 2 April, 2019