Some video game purists would argue that the 8-bit video games of the 80s were, and still are, some of the best games ever made. This belief stems from the notion that 80s videos games featured unique play styles while being relentless and unforgiving to the player, thus weeding out the casual from the hardcore gamers. The Youtube sensation Freddie Wong has touched upon the aforementioned notion in his latest short film ‘Old School VS. New School‘.
Old School VS. New School is a short film that depicts a video gaming battle royal, one which pits the pixelated video games of the 80s, like Pong, Centipede and Lunar Lander, against current popular culture video game characters such as Master Chief, Nathan Drake and Lara Croft. As is always the case when it comes to Freddie Wong, the production values are high for a fan made short film with fantastic visual effects, good acting, great cinematography and superb sound editing. In my opinion, Freddie Wong’s videos are the pinnacle of what is possible with a lot of talent and minimal resources.
- Fornite Monopoly is one of the best versions of the famous game - 18 December, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Death Stranding Steelbook - 27 November, 2019
- Overwatch Legendary Edition Nintendo Switch Review – Nerf This! - 18 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Pokémon Sword and Shield Hamper - 15 November, 2019
- Pokémon Cosmic Eclipse Elite Trainer Box Review – Colourful Addition - 11 November, 2019
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia MGA 2019 - 8 November, 2019
- AirPods Pro South Africa – Launching 25 Nov, pre-orders open - 7 November, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fortnite Battle Royale Collection Figurines - 6 November, 2019
- His Dark Materials is a binge worthy adaptation of the books - 5 November, 2019
- Bethesda doesn’t register Fallout First domain, angry fan snaps it up - 24 October, 2019