In August, Cadbury’s launched Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly in South Africa. At first glance, one cannot help but immediately notice the similarity between this aerated chocolate and that of Nestle’s Aero series of chocolates. What sets this chocolate apart from the rest, however, is the shape and texture of the bar.
Unlike traditional chocolate slabs that most people are familiar with, Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly is manufactured using a unique mould made out of ‘bubbles’. In addition to looking rather funky, the bar feels unusual to the touch and begs consumers to bite into the entire chocolate bar rather than to break it into individual blocks for consumption. Truth be told, I always eat chocolate bars like a bit of a recluse, wrapper barely open and bar straight into my mouth. As a result, I welcome Cadbury’s decision to modify the traditional notion of what a chocolate bar is supposed to look like as well as how it should be consumed.
To complement the launch of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly in South Africa, Ogilvy Johannesburg created a commercial (view it below) that takes viewers on a ‘magical journey’ to meet the unique Cadbury Dairy Milk ‘floating cows’, which produce ‘bubbly milk’ that makes Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly so very special. The advertisement is fantastic and helps to capture the essence of what makes this chocolate so unique and why Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate remains a South African favourite.
In addition to the great televised campaign Cadbury is also, at this very moment, hosting a physical challenge amongst a selection of bloggers to find out who is the most ‘bubbly’. Participants are required to complete a series of ‘bubblerific’ activities and are being judged on speed, creativity and influence. For those who are interested, the results of the activities can be followed live on Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bubbly Challenge website and in real-time on Twitter through the #BubblyChallenge hashtag.
Have you enjoyed Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bubbly? What do you think of the chocolate and the current advertising campaign? Leave us a comment with your thoughts.
- Netflix The Witcher Trailer teases Geralt, Yennifer, Ciri & Monsters - 20 July, 2019
- Anthony Mackie confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2019 - 18 July, 2019
- Cyberpunk 2077 editions detailed – which is best for you? - 12 June, 2019
- Claire’s Sanctuary wants you to save the dinos in Jurassic World Evolution - 3 June, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Hot Toys collectible figures are lustworthy! - 22 May, 2019
- Watch Detective Pikachu online for free, thanks to Ryan Reynolds - 8 May, 2019
- Pair PS4/Xbox One Controllers to iPhone/iPad? NO! DOES NOT WORK! - 29 April, 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Review – Whatever it takes [Spoiler Free] - 28 April, 2019
- Win with Vamers: Fokof Lager VS Mortal Kombat 11 - 16 April, 2019
- Fokof Lager partners with NetherRealm for Limited Edition Mortal Kombat 11 Beer - 12 April, 2019