At Vamers, we firmly believe in being open and honest with our readers regarding all aspects of our business that relates to article curation, generation, reporting and publication.
As such, we have a ‘Transparency Policy‘ in place that we follow in order to provide full disclosure to our readers.
- Vamers may be sent products to use and try for review purposes. More often than not, these products are review units. This means that we do not keep them and they are returned to the company once our review is complete. However, there may be times when Vamers is allowed to keep the item after a review. If this happens, it will be explicitly mentioned in the relevant produced content.
- Vamers does not accept any form of payment for review content. This means that all reviews are conducted using either review units or the products have been purchased and are now owned directly by Vamers. Any review or generated content that is in the review section of Vamers cannot be bought – we do not offer “paid for” reviews. All of the views expressed on Vamers are our own opinion and are not influenced by monetary gain or free product.
- Vamers will always provide transparent disclosure at the end of all generated content. If a review features a product we own, we disclose that information. If the product is a review unit that is returned, we disclose that information. If the brand allows us to keep the reviewed product, we disclose that information. If our writers are sent on a paid trip, we disclose that information. Vamers will always function with transparency in order to continue to foster a trusting relationships with our readers. We are proud of the content we produce, and we believe in integrity and honesty.
- Vamers may, from time to time, produce sponsored content. This is content that Vamers has been paid to produce. All “paid for content” is clearly marked with the word “sponsored”. For written content, “sponsored” appears in a banner at the end of each written post along with a “sponsored” tag. Video content will have a “sponsored” label displayed during the course of the video. Sponsored content on social media will have a “#sponsored” hashtag. Vamers does not and never will accept any form of payment for review purposes.
- Vamers may, from time to time, offer “paid for” content. However, if the content does not say “Sponsored” as per point 4, then it was not paid for. As in point 2, Vamers does not and never will accept any kind of money, product or gift for review purposes. Vamers currently chooses to run paid for content through the Webfluential platform: an online tech platform that connects brands with influencers. We run our work through Webfluential because it offers a safe “middle” portal for both our clients and us. Vamers may be booked directly through Webfluential here.
- Vamers run competitions are subject to unbiased winner selection by means of Random.org and Rafflecopter. All entries into competitions that require a creative answer and/or subjective selection, however, are narrowed down to three of the “best” entries as deemed by the Vamers editor. For Vamers run competitions that include prizes sponsored by only Vamers and Vamers Store, the three best answers will be put to a vote amongst the Vamers Crew. For competitions that feature content sponsored by third-parties, Vamers will send the three best entries to the relevant sponsor for final winner selection.
Vamers is committed to providing quality content that is unbiased and fair to our readers and staff. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us so that we may address them.