Finally, a spot of LEGO video game news that does not involve a brand-new license or movie adaptation! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, and The LEGO Group have announced the launch of LEGO Harry Potter Collection for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.
The remastered collection is just that: a remaster. The entire game encompasses the exact same levels and features as the original games. It is not confirmed whether the assets featured in the LEGO Harry Potter Collection are the same as the ones featured in the recently released PlayStation 4 version, however. Regardless, it is safe to say that this is a welcome addition to the LEGO video game library.
The LEGO Harry Potter Collection includes the original 2010 LEGO Harry Potter (Years 1-4) video game; and 2011’s LEGO Harry Potter (Years 5-7) video game. It also includes two downloadable content packs that add 10 more characters and five more spells to the roster.
LEGO Harry Potter (Years 1-4) is easily my favourite of the two video games. It follows the plot of the first four films and books in the series: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (my favourite), and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
LEGO Harry Potter (Years 5-7) follows the plot of the last four films in the franchise, and the last three books in the series. It includes Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Players can expect a plethora of content from the eight films, along with enhanced graphics, environments, lighting and visual effects, as well as improved audio and ironed-out bugs. The two DLC packs included in the LEGO Harry Potter: Collection are character packs that include: Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin, Yule Ball Harry, Lockhart in his straightjacket, Luna with her Lion Head, Peeves, Hermione in her pink dress, and ghoul Ron Weasley. The other DLC comprises of a spell pack that features Cantis, Densaugeo, Ducklifors, Melofors, and Tentaclifors.
LEGO Harry Potter Collection is available now on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in all regions.
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018
- Triggerfish wants to put more African creators on the big screen - 30 December, 2018
- PES 2019 Data Pack 3 adds new stadiums and more - 29 December, 2018
- Remastered Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is here! - 28 December, 2018