The day has come! Red Dead Redemption 2 reviews are dropping left and right, and the release is imminent. Now you, too, can get some playtime in on Rockstar’s highly-anticipated title at the Canal Walk Gaming Expo 2018.
Players in Cape Town will get to have some hands-on time with the game on the day of its release, thanks to BT Games. The retailer will be running the game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles at the Canal Walk shopping Center as part of the Canal Walk Gaming Expo. The expo takes place between 23 and 28 October 2018, with BT Games (nationwide) doors opening at 7 AM. Fans who pre-ordered the game will also be able to pick up their copies up from this time.
Fans who attend the Canal Walk Gaming Expo can expect complimentary fresh doughnuts and hot coffee to feel their experience. These will be available at the Centre Court in Canal Walk, from 7 AM as well. BT Games have also announced that various other titles will go on sale all weekend long. You know, in case galavanting in the Wild West is not your style. In that case, you will get to have hands-on time with games like Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Forza Horizon 4, Astro Bot, and even Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Similarly, BT Games also announced that they will be offering a 1 TB Xbox One S console with two controllers, 2 game download tokens, and Red Dead Redemption 2 (that is three games in total), for just R4 499. That is, quite honestly, a steal, considering the console retails for around R6 000 nowadays.
Karl Klopfer, head of Marketing at BT Games, states that fans across the world have “been waiting a long time for the return of the Red Dead franchise”. He also states that the release of the game is “certainly worth a get-together for the gaming community”. Klopfer continues that the Canal Walk Gaming Expo is the perfect place to do that, while also showcasing other great games in the process.
The Canal Walk Gaming Expo will also be running a number of competitions throughout the weekend. From 24 October to 28 October, a football fan can get their game on and take part in a massive 512-player FIFA 19 tournament. Alternatively, players can register to be number one in a Formula 1 Racing Competition that runs from 26, through to 28 October 2018. There will also be a Fortnite LAN competition, Just Dance competition, and a Cosplay Masquerade on the 27th. In short, there is something for everyone.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is set to release on 26 October 2018, on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Fans eager to get their hands on the game can get it from any BT Games store in the country from 7 AM, or just visit the Canal Walk if you live in and around the Cape Town region.
- The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan’s Ghost Ship Dev. Diary is enlightening - 18 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place after Avengers: Endgame - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Smart Devices detailed for the home in 2019 - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018