Saint Seiya is coming to Jump Force. I repeat, Saint Seiya is coming to Jump Force! The fighting game already has the likes of Yugi Moto (Yu-Gi-Oh!), L (Death Note), and Goku (Dragon Ball), and now another huge Shonen Jump fan favourite is coming.
In particular, the characters who will be joining the Jump Force roster are Pegasus Seiya and Dragon Shiryu. These two characters are iconic Knights of the Zodiac, a group of warriors that have pledged their lives to protect justice and peace across the world. They are prominent characters in the manga, and the short-lived anime (of which the English dub is even shorter-lived, sadly).
In both the manga and the anime, Pegasus Seiya is the Saint of the Pegasus constellation. He is known for his unbending resolve, and unbreakable will, even when up against the darkest of all evils. When he is in dire need, Seiya can call upon the power of the Gold Cloth of Sagittarius, which increases his strength to its ultimate limit.
Dragon Shire, on the other hand, is protected by the dragon constellation. He retains ultimate composure compared to any other Saint. He is also one of the few Bronze Saints deemed worthy enough to wear the Gold Cloth (such as Pegasus Seiya). When he is in dire need, he can call upon the Libra Cloth, which grants him immeasurable strength and access to all-powerful weapons.
Both Saints were revealed alongside the Mayan City stage, where Jump Force fighters can duke it out across the ruins of one of Central America’s ancient civilisations. The game has no set release date, but is speculated to release sometime in 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
News about Saint Seiya joining the roster is indeed incredible. It should be even better to see the Saints go up against the iconic fighters already announced when the game eventually releases.
- The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan’s Ghost Ship Dev. Diary is enlightening - 18 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place after Avengers: Endgame - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Smart Devices detailed for the home in 2019 - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018