Activision is hard at work promoting their upcoming multiplayer shooter, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The company has launched a new marketing campaign titled “#CoDNAtion” that revolves around creating the most hilarious videos that you can.
Call of Duty launched the marketing stunt on Twitter, with a tweet that adequately got all of our attention. Evidently, you may think that Post Malone, one of the biggest rappers currently on the billboards, actually feature in the video!
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) September 30, 2018
Well, unfortunately, that is not the case. The video above is just a clickbaity way to get people to watch how someone superimposed Malone’s face on recorded footage of the game. It is admittedly hilarious, and also kind of ludicrous.
The #CoDNation Challenge is all about creating hilarious videos, and what better way to get funny footage than to use some of that Xbox highlights, PlayStation shares, or Nvidia Shadowplay highlights?
Call of Duty beckons its fans to make it, and tag it using #CoDNation. The company has also released a few more fan-made videos since then, most of which are pretty random and based on various memes. The video titled “Ahhhhh!” is undoubtedly my favourite.
Another great thing about the #CoDNation Challenge is that it also goes toward a good cause! Activision revealed that a #CoDNation charity launch stream will extend to the Call of Duty Endowment.
The annual stream used to be called Race to Prestige and brings together a host of video game personalities in a huge gaming marathon. For the last nine years, the Call of Duty Endowment has placed 50 000 veterans in high-quality jobs. The launch stream will take place on the weekend of 11 – 13 October 2018.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is right around the corner – 12 October 2018. However, it has seen a few betas. These betas helped ease fans into the brand-new battle royale mode called Blackout. It also allowed the larger player base to spot and report bugs that Quality Assurance may have missed.
- Mad Catz ES PRO+ Gaming Earbuds Revealed; Available across Europe - 20 February, 2019
- Boomerang Africa March 2019 Highlights: Tom & Jerry turns 50! - 20 February, 2019
- Cartoon Network Africa March Highlights: Oswaldo leads the pack - 20 February, 2019
- Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles announced - 20 February, 2019
- Football Manager 2019 Review – not for the faint of heart - 18 February, 2019
- Pre-Order The Division 2 on PC and get a free game! - 15 February, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 adds Jade to the roster - 15 February, 2019
- Team Cherry reveals Hollow Knight: Silksong - 15 February, 2019
- Far Cry New Dawn Review: a lush and nostalgic addition to Far Cry 5 - 14 February, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 brings back Kabal and D’Vorah - 12 February, 2019