Just Cause is back! Square Enix announced Just Cause 4 at E3 2018 during their laughably short press event.
Gamers will soon be able to, once again, break out their grapple, wingsuit, and crazy weaponry as they walk in Rico Rodriguez’ shoes. In Just Cause 4, Rico will go up against a group called “The Black Hand”, a supposed private army that set up base in Solis, a fictional South American country.
According to Avalanche Studios, Solis is the series’ largest playable area yet. It features ancient temples, lovely beaches, and stupendous lighting storms, blizzards, and… tornadoes? Avalanche also says that the new game will feature new vehicle types such as bulldozers and car transport trucks, all of which brings the studio’s new handling model to light.
Just Cause 4 will also see the return of Rico’s wingsuit and grappling hook, both of which have been refined and reworked. The grappling hook, for instance, has been upgraded to allow Rico to tether more objects together and to use it at further distances.
Enemies have also received an upgrade from previous games. They are now reportedly smarter and feature a wide variety of archetypes and personalities.
As beautiful as the game looks, and as wonderfully ambitious as it all sounds, the game is set to release on 4 December 2018 – an abnormally quick release for a game we have only just heard of! Then again, with the sheer number of players who still play Just Cause 3 and its chaotic multiplayer, and modding scene, will undoubtedly iron out any bugs there might be at launch.
Just Cause 4 is set for release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows.
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018
- Zeus’ Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale set in Ancient Greece - 6 September, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes players to the Hidden City of Paiti - 6 September, 2018
- Deviljho finally comes to Monster Hunter: World’s PC version - 6 September, 2018