There are few games that are really difficult, and I mean really, really difficult. In fact, there are few games known for their challenging difficulty and even fewer that are meant to be that way, in the most natural sense. Battletoads, which originally came out in 1991, is one such game. Now Battletoads is coming back to Xbox One.
Microsoft confirmed that it will return during their annual E3 2018 Xbox briefing. The company confirmed that the game would release in 2019 with “body-morphing genre mashups, three-player couch co-op, 4K hand-drawn 2.5D graphics, and broad non-specific feature declarations”.
According to Microsoft, Dlala Studios is developing the title as an entirely new game. The company did not want to port the original game, which was developed by the now-Microsoft owned studio, Rare. As such, it will widely differ from the original game, while still keeping the core functionality of the game intact that veteran players have learned to love over the ages.
Besides a small nod to the notoriously difficult vehicle segment of the original title, no gameplay was shown. The trailer definitely promises what was said above. I wonder if it will also come to Windows 10…
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018
- Zeus’ Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale set in Ancient Greece - 6 September, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes players to the Hidden City of Paiti - 6 September, 2018
- Deviljho finally comes to Monster Hunter: World’s PC version - 6 September, 2018