There are few games that are really difficult, and I mean really, really difficult. In fact, there are few games known for their challenging difficulty and even fewer that are meant to be that way, in the most natural sense. Battletoads, which originally came out in 1991, is one such game. Now Battletoads is coming back to Xbox One.
Microsoft confirmed that it will return during their annual E3 2018 Xbox briefing. The company confirmed that the game would release in 2019 with “body-morphing genre mashups, three-player couch co-op, 4K hand-drawn 2.5D graphics, and broad non-specific feature declarations”.
According to Microsoft, Dlala Studios is developing the title as an entirely new game. The company did not want to port the original game, which was developed by the now-Microsoft owned studio, Rare. As such, it will widely differ from the original game, while still keeping the core functionality of the game intact that veteran players have learned to love over the ages.
Besides a small nod to the notoriously difficult vehicle segment of the original title, no gameplay was shown. The trailer definitely promises what was said above. I wonder if it will also come to Windows 10…
- Five video games that gave away their plot twist in clever ways - 19 July, 2018
- Microsoft Teams free tier takes Slack Head-on in the Business space - 19 July, 2018
- Aliens: Colonial Marines AI was horrible… thanks to a typo - 19 July, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World PC release date & system requirements revealed - 17 July, 2018
- Blue Origin will charge R4 million for a single trip into space - 17 July, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World Behemoth brings Final Fantasy to Capcom’s Monster Series - 17 July, 2018
- Talim, the wild wind priestess, returns to Soulcalibur VI - 16 July, 2018
- Eight Game of Thrones Stars who are also Successful Musicians - 12 July, 2018
- MotoGP 18 hits the road, swerves and crashes, in one foul slide [Review] - 10 July, 2018
- Five actors who could play Miles Morales on the big screen - 4 July, 2018