If there is one thing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) still needs, it is a map selection tool. Now, Bluehole has announced that a PUBG Map Selection tool will come “soon”.
The companies revealed via a Steam update that it is bringing map selection to its popular battle royale shooter. Since launch, the game has received a second map that has been both favoured and hated by many fans. Some players have even gone so far as to remove the map from the game’s install directories to skip it during the loading process.
The new PUBG map selection tool is quite simple. It essentially allows gamers to choose a map to play on. All players would need to do is select their preferred map from a new dialogue box that pops up when they attempt to enter the match queue. According to Bluehole, the feature is “almost complete” and it will come out as soon as it has been tested properly.
Even with the map selection tool and the second “desert” map called Mirimar splitting the player base in two, Bluehole says that they are still working on forthcoming maps. There are two in development, of which one, a very small jungle map called Savage, is currently in testing, and another rumoured “snow” map in very early alpha stages.
In addition to new maps, PUBG is also getting a new event mode. The temporary event, which is called Metal Rain, will allow players to summon armoured vehicles from the sky.
Metal Rain will feature an enhanced spawn rate for the very rare flaregun. These flare guns will spawn in random locations and will spawn different armoured vehicles depending on where they are used. The flare gun will spawn special care packages when used in the white zone while using it in the blue zone will spawn special and new armoured UAZ vehicles.
In addition to all of that, Metal Rain will also have its Redzone enhanced and will introduce dynamic weather back into the game. At the moment, misty and light rainy weather are confirmed to be making a return.
While the map selection tool comes “soon”, Metal Rain will start on 23 April 2018 at 3 AM CET, and run for a few weeks.
- Date announced for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta - 15 August, 2018
- New Game Plus mode for God of War is finally coming - 14 August, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s Negan is coming to Tekken 7 with Lucile in hand - 14 August, 2018
- Comic writer Andy Diggle & artist Chris Sprouse will be at Comic Con Africa 2018 - 13 August, 2018
- Quake Champions goes Free-to-Play & comes out of Steam Early Access - 13 August, 2018
- Fallout 76 trolls will become “wanted murderers” to combat ‘griefing’ - 13 August, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition arrives in August 2018 - 10 August, 2018
- We Happy Few Day Zero patch fixes hundreds of bugs, adds the campaign - 10 August, 2018
- Wake up to Spotify with the new Google Clock app update - 7 August, 2018
- We Happy Few season pass and post launch DLC detailed - 7 August, 2018