It was bound to happen! Ubisoft has announced that Rainbow Six Siege has surpassed 30 million registered players since launch. That massive number spans players across PlayStation, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. The company also revealed how the last year has been its biggest overall, garnering 10 million players since August last 2018. What is even crazier is how the game sees a huge 2.3 million daily active users.
Alexandre Remy, Rainbow Six Siege brand director, states that the company has endeavoured to create “a solid community built on transparency” as they continue to grow and evolve the expanding world of Rainbow Six Siege.
The game originally released in December 2015. That means that it has gained an average of just over 1 million players a month since that time. That is phenomenal growth. As a means of celebration, Ubisoft has released a video that thanks the community for its continued support. The video follows a few prolific players as they explain how, together with friends, they spend their nights on Rainbow Six Siege.
On behalf of the entire team, we wanted to thank every member of our diverse, global community for their support of our game
Rainbow Six Siege is now in its third year of support, and receives regular content updates. Earlier this year, players saw the release of Operation Chimera, which brought two new operators and a bunch of ‘quality of life’ fixes to the game. The Outbreak was also made available, which VG247 reports as the catalyst for increasing the game’s concurrent player base on Steam by three-fold. Needless to say, gamers can be sure that there will be much more to come in the future.
- Win an Ultimate Collector’s Edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider with Megarom - 24 September, 2018
- 2K’s WWE 2K19 Soundtrack handpicked by WWE stars - 24 September, 2018
- PES 2019 Mobile arrives in December with a variety of enhancements - 24 September, 2018
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018