It was bound to happen! Ubisoft has announced that Rainbow Six Siege has surpassed 30 million registered players since launch. That massive number spans players across PlayStation, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. The company also revealed how the last year has been its biggest overall, garnering 10 million players since August last 2018. What is even crazier is how the game sees a huge 2.3 million daily active users.
Alexandre Remy, Rainbow Six Siege brand director, states that the company has endeavoured to create “a solid community built on transparency” as they continue to grow and evolve the expanding world of Rainbow Six Siege.
The game originally released in December 2015. That means that it has gained an average of just over 1 million players a month since that time. That is phenomenal growth. As a means of celebration, Ubisoft has released a video that thanks the community for its continued support. The video follows a few prolific players as they explain how, together with friends, they spend their nights on Rainbow Six Siege.
On behalf of the entire team, we wanted to thank every member of our diverse, global community for their support of our game
Rainbow Six Siege is now in its third year of support, and receives regular content updates. Earlier this year, players saw the release of Operation Chimera, which brought two new operators and a bunch of ‘quality of life’ fixes to the game. The Outbreak was also made available, which VG247 reports as the catalyst for increasing the game’s concurrent player base on Steam by three-fold. Needless to say, gamers can be sure that there will be much more to come in the future.
- Five video games that gave away their plot twist in clever ways - 19 July, 2018
- Microsoft Teams free tier takes Slack Head-on in the Business space - 19 July, 2018
- Aliens: Colonial Marines AI was horrible… thanks to a typo - 19 July, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World PC release date & system requirements revealed - 17 July, 2018
- Blue Origin will charge R4 million for a single trip into space - 17 July, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World Behemoth brings Final Fantasy to Capcom’s Monster Series - 17 July, 2018
- Talim, the wild wind priestess, returns to Soulcalibur VI - 16 July, 2018
- Eight Game of Thrones Stars who are also Successful Musicians - 12 July, 2018
- MotoGP 18 hits the road, swerves and crashes, in one foul slide [Review] - 10 July, 2018
- Five actors who could play Miles Morales on the big screen - 4 July, 2018