It was bound to happen! Ubisoft has announced that Rainbow Six Siege has surpassed 30 million registered players since launch. That massive number spans players across PlayStation, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. The company also revealed how the last year has been its biggest overall, garnering 10 million players since August last 2018. What is even crazier is how the game sees a huge 2.3 million daily active users.
Alexandre Remy, Rainbow Six Siege brand director, states that the company has endeavoured to create “a solid community built on transparency” as they continue to grow and evolve the expanding world of Rainbow Six Siege.
The game originally released in December 2015. That means that it has gained an average of just over 1 million players a month since that time. That is phenomenal growth. As a means of celebration, Ubisoft has released a video that thanks the community for its continued support. The video follows a few prolific players as they explain how, together with friends, they spend their nights on Rainbow Six Siege.
On behalf of the entire team, we wanted to thank every member of our diverse, global community for their support of our game
Rainbow Six Siege is now in its third year of support, and receives regular content updates. Earlier this year, players saw the release of Operation Chimera, which brought two new operators and a bunch of ‘quality of life’ fixes to the game. The Outbreak was also made available, which VG247 reports as the catalyst for increasing the game’s concurrent player base on Steam by three-fold. Needless to say, gamers can be sure that there will be much more to come in the future.
- Opera for Android VPN lets users browse privately and securely for free - 20 March, 2019
- Logitech G935 Review – Sexy sound in an overly bulky design - 19 March, 2019
- Turtle Beach Recon 70 is a new, improved and affordable headset - 19 March, 2019
- New budget Razer peripherals aim to change the game - 19 March, 2019
- Epic Games Store Roadmap reveals cloud saves, achievements, and more - 19 March, 2019
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Review in Progress - 15 March, 2019
- It is good to be bad with Hearthstone Rise of Shadows - 14 March, 2019
- Boomerang Africa HD brings crystal-clear shows to kids all over Africa - 13 March, 2019
- Sony’s excellent water and dust proof SRS-XB speakers now available - 13 March, 2019
- Battle for Azeroth update: New Allied Races, earn tools of the trade & more - 12 March, 2019