Citizens and heroes of Nirn, rejoice! The Elder Scrolls Online is headed to the Almeri homelands. The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset features the entirety of the Summerset Isles, bringing high fantasy back to the game since more. It also features more dark and gloomy storylines that were introduced after The Elder Scrolls: Arena.
The Elder Scrolls: Summerset boasts an entirely new zone, which Bethesda Softworks promises is worth at least “30+ hours of questing”. It also adds new mechanics to the game, including a new skill tree based on the Psijic Order and Jewelry Crafting.
Bethesda also says that the expansion will be much more accessible than before, thanks to a new tutorial that introduces basic concepts. I find this a bit weird, as the last expansion, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, was easy enough to play as a first-timer. That said, Bethesda also states that players will not be thrown into the wild without having an understanding of all mechanics.
Just like the Morrowind expansion, players can jump into The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset without playing any of the prior content. Returning players can upgrade to the expansion and carry all existing progress over, or opt for a new character.
I, for one, have never set foot on the Summerset Isles. My Elder Scrolls journey began with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind — which naturally made it specifically special when I set foot on the Dunmeri homelands with The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. With that said, it will be great to finally see the Isles with my own eyes when the expansion releases later this year.
As for when The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset releases, fans need not wait too long. Bethesda mentioned that the expansion will release on 5 June 2018, for all platforms. Players will soon set foot upon the isles on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. In addition, PC players will get an early access period, which starts on 25 May 2018.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset gets riveting new Journey trailer - 18 April, 2018
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth release date has been set - 18 April, 2018
- Gwent Homecoming will revamp the Witcher 3 card game - 18 April, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege has surpassed 30 million registered players - 16 April, 2018
- Overwatch Retribution comic offers new insight into latest event - 16 April, 2018
- VS Gaming FIFA eWorld Cup Qualifier tickets are on sale - 16 April, 2018
- Hitman Definitive Edition announced, coming to retail - 16 April, 2018
- MXGP Pro coming soon to all major platforms! - 16 April, 2018
- Far Cry 2 is still the best Far Cry game in the franchise - 12 April, 2018
- Sam Fisher meets Ghost Recon in Special Operation 1 – Splinter Cell - 11 April, 2018