Citizens and heroes of Nirn, rejoice! The Elder Scrolls Online is headed to the Almeri homelands. The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset features the entirety of the Summerset Isles, bringing high fantasy back to the game since more. It also features more dark and gloomy storylines that were introduced after The Elder Scrolls: Arena.
The Elder Scrolls: Summerset boasts an entirely new zone, which Bethesda Softworks promises is worth at least “30+ hours of questing”. It also adds new mechanics to the game, including a new skill tree based on the Psijic Order and Jewelry Crafting.
Bethesda also says that the expansion will be much more accessible than before, thanks to a new tutorial that introduces basic concepts. I find this a bit weird, as the last expansion, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, was easy enough to play as a first-timer. That said, Bethesda also states that players will not be thrown into the wild without having an understanding of all mechanics.
Just like the Morrowind expansion, players can jump into The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset without playing any of the prior content. Returning players can upgrade to the expansion and carry all existing progress over, or opt for a new character.
I, for one, have never set foot on the Summerset Isles. My Elder Scrolls journey began with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind — which naturally made it specifically special when I set foot on the Dunmeri homelands with The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. With that said, it will be great to finally see the Isles with my own eyes when the expansion releases later this year.
As for when The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset releases, fans need not wait too long. Bethesda mentioned that the expansion will release on 5 June 2018, for all platforms. Players will soon set foot upon the isles on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. In addition, PC players will get an early access period, which starts on 25 May 2018.
- Five video games that gave away their plot twist in clever ways - 19 July, 2018
- Microsoft Teams free tier takes Slack Head-on in the Business space - 19 July, 2018
- Aliens: Colonial Marines AI was horrible… thanks to a typo - 19 July, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World PC release date & system requirements revealed - 17 July, 2018
- Blue Origin will charge R4 million for a single trip into space - 17 July, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World Behemoth brings Final Fantasy to Capcom’s Monster Series - 17 July, 2018
- Talim, the wild wind priestess, returns to Soulcalibur VI - 16 July, 2018
- Eight Game of Thrones Stars who are also Successful Musicians - 12 July, 2018
- MotoGP 18 hits the road, swerves and crashes, in one foul slide [Review] - 10 July, 2018
- Five actors who could play Miles Morales on the big screen - 4 July, 2018