PlayStation owners are having a great March in 2018. In addition to fantastic games like Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank headlining the free PlayStation Network games for the month, Sony is also offering a PlayStation Plus discount for all players.
From 6 – 23 March 2018, all players will be able to take advantage of a 25% discount on the purchase of a 12 month PlayStation Plus membership. This is a pretty decent saving, considering that a normal 12 month subscription costs ZAR R899. In affect, it is roughly a ZAR R225 saving.
The saving also comes at a great time, given the games headlining the free PlayStation Network games for the month. These two games alone add up to the price of a full year membership to PlayStation Plus.
This PlayStation Plus discount and the free games for March are great. There is no denying that. However, I would be remiss for not mentioning that there is a reason why they appear a little “too good to be true”.
Just as news hit of free games for March, there was also the announcement that PlayStation Plus will stop offering free games for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita from March 2019. Instead, the program will focus solely on PlayStation 4 games.
Although I do feel that this change is a good one, there are many people out there who still make use of older consoles. Since the PlayStation 4 is not backwards compatible, it will leave those people high and dry. It is a move that is in stark contrast to Microsoft’s Xbox One, whose monthly rewards and Game Pass service offer games from all the way back to 2001.
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018