Gamers waiting for Far Cry 5 are in for a treat, especially if they have opted for the game’s season pass. Even if they have not, the Far Cry Arcade will ensure the game’s longevity. Let me explain.
First thing’s first (and my favourite addition to the new game), Far Cry Arcade allows players to create their own Far Cry levels. It is pretty much the Far Cry map Editor of yore, with a new and improved twist. Players can create unique levels that can be shared online with friends or entire communities. Map-creating geniuses can craft solo, co-op, our even Player-Versus-Player experiences from hundreds of Far Cry assets, as well as assets from other Ubisoft properties. That is correct: you can import models, textures, and objects from Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, Far Cry 4, and even Watch Dogs, directly into Far Cry 5!
Ubisoft says that the total number of objects available in Far Cry Arcade is “much more than [Ubisoft] ever had in Far Cry 4”. Apparently gamers will be able to use upwards of 7 000 items in total, right off the bat. It is essentially the Minecraft of Far Cry. It is also the only thing that I am personally excited for.
While we have already detailed the Far Cry 5 Season Pass, it should be noted that Ubisoft have released a really nice and succinct overview of everything that it includes.
In short, get dropped right in the middle of ‘Nam; go on a “Radical Adventure” to stop aliens from invading, or make dead people more dead! Vietnam, Space aliens, and Zombies. What more could you ask for (Far Cry Arcade, that is what)?
The Season Pass also includes a digital remastered copy of Far Cry 3: Classic Edition. Ubisoft states that the remaster has enhanced graphical assets, better textures, and improved resolutions. This is definitely a good incentive to get Far Cry 5, considering that Far Cry 3 was, in my opinion, the best instalment in the franchise to date.
Far Cry Arcade will be free to all users, regardless of whether they own the Far Cry 5 Season Pass. It will release alongside the game on 27 March 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
- Hitman Episode 2: Sapienza is free for a limited time - 22 March, 2018
- THQ Nordic is bringing Nickelodeon games back from the dead - 21 March, 2018
- Fortnite Battle Royale Replay tools are coming soon - 21 March, 2018
- Loveshack Entertainment’s Framed Collection comes to Nintendo Switch - 21 March, 2018
- Banner Saga 3 is coming soon after another successful Kickstarter - 21 March, 2018
- World of Warriors PlayStation 4 port is a fun and cute co-op title [Review] - 21 March, 2018
- The Crew 2 Release Date announced after being postponed - 20 March, 2018
- Super Bomberman R is coming to PS 4, Xbox One & Windows - 20 March, 2018
- World of Warcraft: Battle of Azeroth retail box now available - 20 March, 2018
- Call of Duty: World War II Shipment 1944 map now available - 20 March, 2018