New details about Biomutants abilities and upgrades have been revealed for Experiment 101’s upcoming title.
Since the game was announced last year, information has been scarce. Similarly, developers Experiment 101 has remained tight-lipped about it since then as well. All we know about the game is that it is an open-world role-playing game (RPG). In it, you play a mutant bunny that relies on radiation to mutate and upgrade abilities. The reveal trailer also features a giant, a big sword, and lots of grass. Did I mention mutant bunnies?
Well, now new details on the game have been revealed. Of which, Biomutants abilities and upgrades were the biggest reveals. During the PC Gamer Weekender, Experiment 101’s Stefan Ljungqvist talks about the character creation tools, and a bit about the gameplay that players can expect.
The most important bits of the character creation part is the fact that you can customise your mutant bunny to your heart’s content. There seems to be fur option that includes length and pattern, as well as colour choices. You will also have to set your starting stats, which are comprised of strength, vitality, charisma, intellect, agility, and luck. PC Gamer notes that your character’s overall look depends a lot on your stats. In other words, a high-strength and low-intellect character will look the part, whereas agility-focused characters will be taller and leaner.
Ljundgqvist also went into a bit more detail about Biomutants abilities and upgrades. Throughout the game, you will meet inventor characters who will give you certain upgrades. One of these upgrades includes a cool looking bow, which you can use to fire at cliff faces and walls to create climbing points. They also state that there will be mechs, a jetpack, and a set of wings that you can use.
The game seems to be a lot more fleshed out than I initially thought it would be. As we learn more, the game looks to be a lot more like a proper RPG than a linear fantasy adventure. The full presentation is embedded below.
Biomutant will release sometime in 2018, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
- Mass Effect Retrospective: Rise and fall of a beloved sci-fi RPG franchise - 13 December, 2018
- Here are all of The Game Awards 2018 winners! - 10 December, 2018
- New PUBG Snow Map, Vikendi, officially announced - 10 December, 2018
- Microsoft acquires inXile Entertainment and Obsidian Entertainment - 10 December, 2018
- The Last Campfire announced by No Man’s Sky developers, Hello Games - 7 December, 2018
- Beautiful Boy Review – ‘Relapse is a part of Recovery’ - 5 December, 2018
- PlayStation Plus Games December 2018: SOMA, Stein’s Gate and more - 5 December, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Review – Western Perfection - 5 December, 2018
- Playlist: Batman Beyond’s Terry McGinnis – Embracing Cyberpunk Nirvana - 3 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Review – Amazing Origin Story - 29 November, 2018