Developed by Mind Candy and published for the first time in November 2014, World of Warriors will now have its Romans, Vikings, Samurai, Aztecs, and Spartans battle it out on Sony’s PlayStation 4 from March 2018.
Players can enter the arena with up to three friends on PlayStation Plus, and choose from “amongst the greatest warriors in history” with which to do battle. They will be able to take on other challengers in a variety of multiplayer arenas in “lands beyond their own”.
World of Warriors is a fun little multiplayer title where friendly fire is just as dangerous as enemies — not to mention the surroundings themselves! Mind Candy states that “every arena is a potential death trap brimming with hazards”.
Some of the “lands beyond” include:
- Coliseum – where players can “hack’n’slash enemies and impress the crows with their combat skills. Players will have to watch out for the spinning fire totem!
- Heroic Hills – which seems perfect, serene and picturesque… until you let your guard down! Players will have to watch out for spinning whirlpool tornadoes.
- Sea of Night – which can be a cruel, cruel mistress! The titan, who sings his anchor is a dangerous hazard in these parts.
- Midnight Forest – which is a deep and dark wooded area that houses an ancient tree. The tree aids warriors in their battle, but can also turn on you with the slightest misstep.
- White Wastes – a frozen tundra which houses woolly mammoths that are itching to escape. Only the most cunning warriors will figure out how to master the mammoths and get them to help on the battlefield.
The game supports local, and online multiplayer with “rumbles the likes of which history has never seen”. It is a cute little arena game perfect for parties and competitive circles of friends. The game will be available for purchase on the PlayStation Store starting on 21 March 2018, with a special dynamic theme included for the first week of sales.
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018
- Triggerfish wants to put more African creators on the big screen - 30 December, 2018
- PES 2019 Data Pack 3 adds new stadiums and more - 29 December, 2018
- Remastered Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is here! - 28 December, 2018