Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege free weekend has arrived! More specifically, the game will be free to play starting at 8 PM GMT+2 on Microsoft Windows; while the free weekend goes live at 3 PM for PlayStation 4, and 10 AM for Xbox One. I have no idea why the times are so different to one another, but at least it is happening.
The Rainbow Six: Siege free “weekend” will end on 20 February 2018 at 3 PM GMT+2 on PlayStation 4; while it will end on 18 February 2018 at 11 PM for Microsoft Windows, and 9 AM GMT+2 on 19 February 2018 for Xbox One. Judging by that alone, it seems that PlayStation 4 players will get the longest play time of the bunch. I think that the extended times are due to the expected server-load Ubisoft expects for their title.
Ubisoft states that since “more than 25 million players have experienced the intensity of a Rainbow Six match” others will soon join them and see for themselves what the game is like. They confirm that all “in-game progress will carry over” if players decide to buy the game.
PlayStation 4 players can search for the game via the PlayStation Network. A “try free demo” button will appear next to the “add to cart” option; while Xbox One players will find the free weekend demo in the Games with Gold section. PC users, however, just need to visit Uplay and follow the convenient banner.
During the weekend, Rainbow Six: Siege will be 30% off for anyone interested. The team-based tactical first-person shooter will allow all players who progress through the game, to have their progress carry over into the full game if purchased… so long as the version, you decide to buy is not the Starter Edition. A weird little caveat, for an otherwise decent promotion!
If you want a free all-access ticket to Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, all you need to do is head on over to your preferred store. Enjoy!
- Date announced for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta - 15 August, 2018
- New Game Plus mode for God of War is finally coming - 14 August, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s Negan is coming to Tekken 7 with Lucile in hand - 14 August, 2018
- Comic writer Andy Diggle & artist Chris Sprouse will be at Comic Con Africa 2018 - 13 August, 2018
- Quake Champions goes Free-to-Play & comes out of Steam Early Access - 13 August, 2018
- Fallout 76 trolls will become “wanted murderers” to combat ‘griefing’ - 13 August, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition arrives in August 2018 - 10 August, 2018
- We Happy Few Day Zero patch fixes hundreds of bugs, adds the campaign - 10 August, 2018
- Wake up to Spotify with the new Google Clock app update - 7 August, 2018
- We Happy Few season pass and post launch DLC detailed - 7 August, 2018