Metal Gear Survive, the first Metal Gear game that does not have acclaimed video game director Hideo Kojima attached to it, will get a second beta during February. This time, it also includes Microsoft Windows – a first for the Metal Gear Survive beta.
The first beta took place in January, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It gave players access to a single map, with three missions and a co-op mode. Now Konami has announced that the second beta, which will take place over the weekend of 16 February 2018, will also include two maps, and a co-op mode that will support up to four players. Players can expect special daily missions during the beta as well.
All players who take part in the Metal Gear Survive beta will receive a special Fox Hound nameplate, a Metal Gear Rex head accessory, and a bandanna accessory if they decide to buy the full game. Konami also stressed that this would be the last beta before the game comes out.
The game has seen a lot of controversy due to the way Konami handled Kojima-san’s departure. After the first beta weekend, players flocked to social media to “out” how bad the game felt, and how it had no vision. Critics, however, responded in kind. It seems that a major disparity exists, and only time will tell whether the game is actually a good one or not.
The Metal Gear Survive beta for PC and consoles will kick off on 15 February 2018 and will run through to 18 February 2018.
Metal Gear Survive is a game where players must survive through waves of zombies, very similar to that of Left 4 Dead (2008). In the game, players must scavenge for supplies, upgrade their gear, and barricade their base. It is ideal to use melee weapons as efficiently as possible while also using special equipment, such as mech suits to keep the zombies at bay.
- Acer TravelMate P6 promises 20 hours of battery life - 18 April, 2019
- Acer announces all new enterprise-focused Acer Chromebook 714 and 715 - 18 April, 2019
- Ubisoft offers Assassin’s Creed Unity for free because of Notre Dame fire - 18 April, 2019
- Ten reasons to be excited for Rise of Azshara – World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth’s next chapter - 16 April, 2019
- Acer Spin 3 2019 lineup gets notable spec. updates - 16 April, 2019
- Acer introduces sleek new Acer Nitro 7 and updates Nitro 5 - 16 April, 2019
- Anno 1800 Review – Wondrous Industrialisation - 15 April, 2019
- Five reasons why I would make the Huawei P30 my side bae - 12 April, 2019
- Acer ConceptD is made for creative professionals - 12 April, 2019
- New Acer Predator Orion 5000 & LFGD Monitor announced - 12 April, 2019