Dropping alongside the all-new story expansion is a new Middle-earth: Shadow of War update that introduces changes to the Nemesis System and improves the title’s photo mode.
According to Monolith Productions, the update adds new and free content. In particular, it seems to focus heavily on the Nemesis System, just like the previous major free content update. Some of the new additions include new Nemesis abilities, new training orders, a stats page, and improved field-of-view options. There is also a new Player Skins tab, for the skins introduced in Blade of Galadriel, and possible future skins; as well as photo mode upgrades and general Nemesis System enhancements. Here is a list of features going to the Middle-earth: Shadow of War update:
Nemesis System Enhancements
- Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviours, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customising in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customise the user interface and scale their field of view.
The Middle-earth: Shadow of War update is live for all platforms.
- Hunt: Showdown is now available via Steam Early Access - 23 February, 2018
- System Shock remaster goes on hiatus to realign “core concepts” - 22 February, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game is out now - 22 February, 2018
- Biomutants abilities and upgrades revealed in new interview - 22 February, 2018
- Bluehole adds two more PUBG loot crates, improvements to loot system - 22 February, 2018
- Get Assassin’s Creed: Origins for 33% off in the Humble Ubisoft sale - 22 February, 2018
- Troy Baker and Emily O’Brien join cast of Death Stranding - 22 February, 2018
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 are headed to Nintendo Switch - 21 February, 2018
- Female Rathalos Monster Hunter: World Nendoroid Figurine unveiled - 21 February, 2018
- Flight Sim Labs fights piracy by installing malware on your system - 21 February, 2018