Ubisoft’s not-so-stealthy, stealth-based role-playing game, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, will get its first bit of downloadable content (DLC) on 23 January 2018. Ubisoft announced The Hidden Ones release date and detailed what it will entail, as well as a roadmap for future DLC.
The Hidden Ones is a short mission that takes place four years after the events of Origins. It details the growth of the Brotherhood, which has hit a hurdle — an occupying Roman force in the region of Sinai. A new quest called, “Incoming Threat”, which is free to all players, kicks off the DLC. While it is nice that Ubisoft has included a quest for free, I am worried that the quest may end in such a way that forces the Season Pass on them. Ubisoft states that “Incoming Threat” will foreshadow The Hidden Ones, so perhaps it will all work out just fine, regardless.
Sinai is a new region added to the game, specifically for the DLC, but I am certain that it will also come with its own share of side quests and exploration. The Hidden Ones raises the level cap to 45, for all players who hit the previous cap already. There are also four new legendary weapons, a new outfit, two new mounts, and multiple new weapons inserted into the game.
The Hidden Ones is the first bit of downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed: Origins, and is included in the Season Pass. Those who would rather buy it as a standalone can expect to pay R120 ZAR. Ubisoft states that individuals who choose to take on this journey first, may take the new legendary weapons back to the central game, which will result in Bayek being one of “the most powerful beings in Egypt”.
Ubisoft further detailed the roadmap for the game in the coming months of 2018. Discovery Tour by Assassin’s Creed: Ancient Egypt, which is the educational expansion for Origins, will release 20 February 2018. The Discovery Tour is a completely educational mode that transforms the game into a “violence-free living museum”. It is free to all Assassin’s Creed: Origins owners, regardless of Season Pass ownership, and is also available as a standalone product via Steam and Uplay on PC.
On 6 March 2018, the second expansion for Assassin’s Creed: Origins will release. The expansion, The Curse of the Pharaohs, pits Bayek against mythical beasts and undead Pharaohs in “a strange new realm”. This set of downloadable content will also be part of the Season Pass; or as a R250 ZAR purchase. It will raise Bayek’s level cap even further, introduce new abilities, and much more.
In addition to all of that, Ubisoft also teased a bunch of new free content. This content includes the return of the Trial of the Gods, the aforementioned Incoming Threat quest, and “more”.
- Lost Sphear mixes classic and modern RPG’s in a wonderful way [Review] - 17 May, 2018
- The Hooked on Multiplayer Bundle is all about playing with friends - 16 May, 2018
- Early Access hit, Dead Cells, to get retail editions for PS4 & Switch - 16 May, 2018
- PES 2019 Release Date announced and more about teams revealed - 16 May, 2018
- Rainbow Six: Siege Operation Para Bellum teased by Ubisoft - 15 May, 2018
- FIFA 2018 Global series heads to Russia thanks to Coke, EA & VY Esports - 15 May, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Desolation of Mordor expansion out now - 15 May, 2018
- Blizzard’s Rise of the Raven Lord comic legitimises Heroes of the Storm - 15 May, 2018
- PES 2018 celebrates huge milestone with Data Pack 4 - 14 May, 2018
- Robot Wizard reveals plans to bring Jengo to Nintendo Switch - 14 May, 2018