Overwatch may have been out for quite a while now, but Blizzard is not letting up when it comes to content updates. In this case, Overwatch’s Moira is a brand new hero, and she looks like an absolute badass.
Not long ago, Blizzard had their annual BlizzCon, where they announced a slew of things. These included StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty going to free-to-play, its expansion, Heart of the Swarm becoming free for those who purchased Wings of Liberty; and a brand new expansion for World of Warcraft. Among all of the announcements, however, was another one: Overwatch’s Moira. It was unclear when she would come to the game, but it seems our answers have finally been answered: right now.
Yes, Overwatch’s newest hero, Moira, is now playable on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. An update that unlocks the new hero is now available.
Moira was on the Overwatch test service for a little while, but no one expected her to be pushed to the public realm so quickly. My guess is that Blizzard wanted to ship her before the upcoming free weekend event. Whatever the case may be, she is now available to all, and fans could not be happier.
To date, Overwatch includes 26 heroes. Moira is the sixth support class character, but what sets her apart is that she can also deal massive amounts of damage. While I have not yet had the opportunity to play as her, it seems that she is primarily a spell caster. She throws orbs and beams that either hurt or heal depending on the attack used.
According to Overwatch’s pretty extensive – for an arena shooter – lore, she has a history that is linked to Talon and Reaper’s Blackwatch organisation. The embedded video above showcases how she started out as a very skilled geneticist, but moved to the organisation to better both herself and her work. By the end of the video, it seems that Overwatch’s Moira and Reaper may have been something more, but we shall never know. What we do get from that scene, however, is that she is the one responsible for his transformation. Interesting, to say the least.
- Anthem is shaping up to be the game that Bioware needs - 11 June, 2018
- 1-Month Game Pass Deal for only R5 [First Time Sign Up Only] - 11 June, 2018
- UEFA Champions League will be included in FIFA 19 - 10 June, 2018
- Battlefield V Battle Royale is real and is coming this year - 10 June, 2018
- Respawn confirms Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – arrives in 2019 - 10 June, 2018
- Madden NFL 19 will release on PC & is a part of Origins Access Premiere - 10 June, 2018
- Yarny returns in Unravel Two – Available Right Now - 10 June, 2018
- Star Wars Battlefront II Clone Wars update is coming! - 10 June, 2018
- First ever annual Sandton SPCA Variety Showcase happening in June! - 29 May, 2018
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy releases 29 June 2018 for other platforms - 29 May, 2018