I am the kind of player who does not like to pay for subscription services just so that I can play online. No doubt, this is because of my preference for PC over consoles. However, I understand that this sentiment is not entirely fair on PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live, since players who pay for these services do get other benefits, such as online save backups and special deals on games. Not to mention free games every month.
With that said, however, I am still one of those players. If you are too, you might be glad to hear that Sony has announced a PlayStation Plus Multiplayer event. The event will allow all PlayStation 4 users, regardless of whether you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber or not, to play online for the entirety of the event.
If you are still curious about the the PlayStation Plus Multiplayer Event, then you will be happy to know that it takes place from 12 PM on 15 November 2017 through to 12 PM on 20 November 2017. That is five days of free online gaming bliss.
During the event, you can take advantage of the service and play multiplayer with all of your friends. Recent releases such as Call of Duty: World War II and Destiny 2 are still very popular, and will serve as a decent starter for the event. I would also recommend trying out games such as Overwatch, which is also enjoying a free weekend very soon. Sony did confirm that only multiplayer services would be available for trial players. That means that saves will not back up, and that players will not benefit from the free games normal PlayStation Plus users enjoy.
PlayStation Plus costs R109 ZAR for a single month. Three months will set you back R349 ZAR, while a yearly subscription will cost you R899 ZAR. The cheapest one-time option would be to get the yearly subscription, but it all depends on what you are willing to pay. Will you be taking advantage of this free multiplayer weekend?
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018
- Zeus’ Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale set in Ancient Greece - 6 September, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes players to the Hidden City of Paiti - 6 September, 2018
- Deviljho finally comes to Monster Hunter: World’s PC version - 6 September, 2018