Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has acquired the rights to Rocket League. As such, the company will now give the game the retail release that it deserves. The game will also be updated specifically for retail.
Psyonix, creator of Rocket League, were originally partnered with 505 Games for a retail version of the game. It appears as if those plans have fallen away, given the acquisition by Warner Bros. This could be seen as a weird move by the developers since their game is already out digitally on PC, and consoles. Having said that, a retail version will definitely allow for more people to get their hands on the game.
“Rocket League has such wide appeal across all audiences”, says Warner Bros. America’s Sales President, Kevin Kebodeaux, which is why a retail release makes sense.
Rocket League is currently enjoyed by millions of players on PC and console. In fact, as much as 36-million players have already played the game online. That is a large amount of players for what is, essentially, an indie game.
For those who may not know, Rocket League is basically about playing soccer, but with cars. As such, it is your team’s goal to get the ball in the opposing player’s basket while defending from the opposing team’s offences.
The announcement came with no additional details, other than that the two companies plan to work together on an “upgraded” retail version. It is known, however, that the retail version will be specifically for consoles, namely PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Rocket League can be enjoyed now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. A Nintendo Switch version is planned for release later in 2017.
- Anthem is shaping up to be the game that Bioware needs - 11 June, 2018
- 1-Month Game Pass Deal for only R5 [First Time Sign Up Only] - 11 June, 2018
- UEFA Champions League will be included in FIFA 19 - 10 June, 2018
- Battlefield V Battle Royale is real and is coming this year - 10 June, 2018
- Respawn confirms Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – arrives in 2019 - 10 June, 2018
- Madden NFL 19 will release on PC & is a part of Origins Access Premiere - 10 June, 2018
- Yarny returns in Unravel Two – Available Right Now - 10 June, 2018
- Star Wars Battlefront II Clone Wars update is coming! - 10 June, 2018
- First ever annual Sandton SPCA Variety Showcase happening in June! - 29 May, 2018
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy releases 29 June 2018 for other platforms - 29 May, 2018