While it can be argued that the story in Destiny 2 may be spoiled for gamers waiting for the PC version, I am certain the glorious visuals alone will be enough to get people to play. The console version of the game has been out for some time now, but it looks nowhere near as good this Destiny 2 PC footage.
The trailer below is quite cinematic in nature. That is likely because Bungie has designed it so that the cinematic and actual gameplay look as close to each other as possible. That is my hope, anyway. The video is basically a hype reel that effectively shows you that the game begins where there is no hope.
Essentially, Dominus Ghaul attacks the Traveler directly. As the player, you and your fireteam make it aboard his ship in an attempt to destroy it before it can wreak enough havoc. The player fails.
Now I will not go into the story more than that since the narrative basically picks up directly from there; but I promise that it really is an epic story. With that said, I can only imagine how much more epic the Destiny 2 PC version will be on 4K ultra-high definition monitors.
I reviewed Destiny 2 as a first timer when it came out on consoles, and I must admit that I was seriously impressed by the game. I will not spoil too much, but I can confirm that much of the grind from the first game had been reduced, and rewards are much more… rewarding.
All in all, the trailer showcases what the game will launch with: impeccable resolution options; uncapped frame rates; mouse and keyboard support with full key rebindings; 21:9 wide-screen ratio support; and lots more. Perhaps the only downside is that the game will launch exclusively on Activision Blizzard’s Battle.net service. This means that you can expect it to pop up alongside Defense of the Ancients, StarCraft 2, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm.
The game will release on 24 October 2017 and is already available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Justice League is a decent superhero ensemble film, but one that lacks character (Review) - 23 November, 2017
- DOOM is now available worldwide for Nintendo Switch - 23 November, 2017
- Slaughter Tribe DLC invades Middle-earth: Shadow of War - 22 November, 2017
- Rainbow Six: Siege Outbreak is a new co-op event for Year Three - 21 November, 2017
- iFun4All is giving away the Serial Cleaner Digital Artbook to fans - 20 November, 2017
- Biomutant Developer acquired by THQNordic - 18 November, 2017
- The Tesla Semi Truck gave birth to a Tesla Roaster, surprising everyone - 17 November, 2017
- Injustice 2 gets Justice League Film skins via limited time Multiverse events - 17 November, 2017
- Overwatch’s Moira is available right now on console and PC - 16 November, 2017
- EA Motive’s New Action Game will have “never before seen” features - 16 November, 2017