In recent years, Call of Duty has made use of celebrities for the game’s live-action trailers. Last year, for instance, the game featured Olympic Gold Medalist, Michael Phelps, and before that, there was even an advert with Game of Thrones’ Kit Harrington. Thankfully, things are a little bit different for the newest game in the franchise, Call of Duty: WWII (World War II).
Call of Duty has released a new live-action trailer for World War 2; and there is no celebrity in sight. It is called “Reassemble!” and for good reason, since it explores the notion of getting ‘the squad’ back together for some epic multiplayer action!
The video depicts a bunch of ordinary people who seem to be good friends. It starts off with a man catching a taxi, the driver of the first friend we meet. They then go on a journey throughout parts of London to fetch the rest of the squad. They interrupt a court case; save a dude from a corporate hellhole; and even find themselves outside a bar.
What I like about this trailer is the sheer normalcy of it. Sure it is a tad dramatic, but at least it does not feature Channing Tatum shooting up a New York street. Rather, it shows normal people. It basically depicts how a group of friends, all different and living their own lives, can come together over a game. It is great.
Call of Duty: WWII is Sledgehammer Games’ return to the famous theatre of war that took place between 1939 and 1945. It will be a much more “boots on the ground” experience compared to recent Call of Duty titles. The game is set in the European Theater of the war and is centred around the First Infantry Division. The campaign follows their battles on the Western Front.
Call of Duty: WWII releases on 3 November 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows.
- Gwent Arena is a new game mode coming to CD Projekt RED’s Gwent - 19 February, 2018
- World of Warriors is a fun little multiplayer game coming to PlayStation 4 - 19 February, 2018
- Multiplayer dating sim, Monster Prom, fulfils your monster fantasies - 19 February, 2018
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 gets Black Panther DLC - 19 February, 2018
- Elder Scrolls Online: Dragon Bones DLC expands Tamriel’s mythology - 19 February, 2018
- For Honor player base reaches new heights on game’s anniversary - 19 February, 2018
- Monster Hunter World is a JRPG lover’s wet dream [REVIEW] - 16 February, 2018
- Rainbow Six: Siege free weekend is now live (15 – 20 February 2018) - 15 February, 2018
- Final Metal Gear Survive beta is now live! Includes PC! - 15 February, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Update improves Nemesis System and more - 12 February, 2018