Two years have passed since The Evil Within released. In that time, Bethesda Softworks has been hard at work to get a proper sequel out for the masses. Today the studio released a new, super gory The Evil Within 2 launch trailer, and it is horrible… in the best way possible.
The trailer itself seems to focus heavily on the story, which follows directly on from the first game. In The Evil Within, police detective Sebastian Castellanos, his partner Joseph Oda, and junior detective Juli Kidman, find themselves thrust into an unreal world that seems to exist in parallel with their own. Unlike the others, Sebastien has a few skeletons in his closet that try to crawl their way out.
Besides the story tidbits that point towards Sebastien’s past as his saving grace; or alternatively, as his spiraling and crippling psychosis. We also get treated to a bunch of the horrors he will face. The Evil Within 2 launch trailer features all kinds of monsters and creatures straight out of hell.
The game will apparently be a race against time to find Sebastien’s missing daughter, Lily. However, as Sebastien takes one step forward, he takes two steps back! He also seems to get further and further back into the STEM, the strange parallel world that I mentioned earlier.
The trailer also shows off a bit more about the mysterious priest Theodore, who seems to want to work with Sebastien. Why he would want to do so is only attributed to the fact that they have a common goal. I do not know about you, but that seems like pretty vague reasoning to me!
The Evil Within 2 is set to release on 13 October 2017. That is also a Friday, so yay! It will be playable on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
- Date announced for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta - 15 August, 2018
- New Game Plus mode for God of War is finally coming - 14 August, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s Negan is coming to Tekken 7 with Lucile in hand - 14 August, 2018
- Comic writer Andy Diggle & artist Chris Sprouse will be at Comic Con Africa 2018 - 13 August, 2018
- Quake Champions goes Free-to-Play & comes out of Steam Early Access - 13 August, 2018
- Fallout 76 trolls will become “wanted murderers” to combat ‘griefing’ - 13 August, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition arrives in August 2018 - 10 August, 2018
- We Happy Few Day Zero patch fixes hundreds of bugs, adds the campaign - 10 August, 2018
- Wake up to Spotify with the new Google Clock app update - 7 August, 2018
- We Happy Few season pass and post launch DLC detailed - 7 August, 2018