The second instalment in Disney’s Star Wars trilogy is almost here. The film continues the Skywalker saga and sees the heroes of The Force Awakens join galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks “age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past”. Set for release on the 15 December 2017, today is the day that Star Wars: The Last Jedi bookings officially open at both Nu Metro and Ster-Kinekor theatres.
To sweeten the pot even further, Nu Metro has confirmed that they will be screening the film a day before its official release: at 20:15 on Thursday 14th December 2017. So if you are quick on the draw with making those Star Wars: The Last Jedi bookings, you could very well see the film before almost anyone else!
Given how The Force Awakens (2015) ended (an almost literal cliff hanger), the title of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (2017) makes a lot of sense. After all, Luke Skywalker is, for all intent and purpose, ‘the last Jedi’ – something that even Yoda admitted to at the end of Return of the Jedi (1983) when he said “Luke, when gone I am… the last of the Jedi will you be”. Nevertheless, fans and movie goers will soon know exactly what the title means; and I am so looking forward to it!
Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi features returning cast members Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa, Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Daisy Ridley as Rey, John Boyega as Finn, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma, and Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke. The returning cast is joined by franchise newcomers Kelly Marie Tran as Rose, Benicio del Toro as “DJ” and Laura Dern as Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo. The film is due for release, globally, from 15 December 2017.
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018