Ubisoft have released an absolutely gorgeous and hauntingly orchestrated Assassin’s Creed Origins cinematic trailer. It shows the protagonist, Bayek, being consumed by a sandstorm. One that has been created by the city and its inhabitants. Each of whom are eroding into sand.
The intense juxtaposition of the imagery, Bayek being consumed by the sand of the people and city he has sworn to protect, is beautifully melancholic. Although the trailer contains no new information about the game; it does do a fantastic job of whetting the appetite for what is shaping up to be one of the most interesting and visually stunning titles in the series.
What makes the trailer even more impactful, however, is the spine tinglingly good vocal score. It starts of with a simple hum, that gradually builds into a sublime crescendo; one enhanced by a slow and deep bass movement. There is only one way to describe the build up: epic. I certainly hope that this is a small taste of the game’s actual score.
The Assassin’s Creed Origins cinematic eventually comes to an end with the ominous line “Where it all ends, it begins”. Apparently the game will revolve around Cleopatra and Ptolemy XIII, who are embroiled in a civil war around Egypt’s throne. This causes parts of the old order, which were once solid as stone, to crumble. This will then allow Bayek to rise from the ensuing dust, by becoming the very first assassin.
The premise of the game sounds great, and this trailer is definitely keeping me interested. However, only time will tell if Assassin’s Creed Origins will fail to deliver like Unity or become a fan favourite like Black Flag.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is due for release on the 27th of October, 2017. It will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Additionally, the game is also Xbox One X enhanced, and will support 4K on the new console via checkerboard rendering.
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018
- Exclusive Hitman 2 interview with IO Interactive’s Theuns Smit - 17 September, 2018
- Unboxing Marvel’s Spider-Man Collector’s Edition & Press Kit - 10 September, 2018
- Win With Vamers a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] & other goodies - 9 September, 2018
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 Review – Small, slick, sturdy & incredibly fast! - 6 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Photo Mode lets you create your own comic covers - 4 September, 2018
- Mayan inspired Custom Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X is Gorgeous - 4 September, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold September 2018: Prison Architect, Livelock and more - 3 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Villains and Friends appear in Relationships Trailer - 30 August, 2018