Games may not be for everyone, but common ground might not be as far off as you might think. Shoes, for example, are one of the most beloved and useful fashion accessories. I mean, who does not like a good pair of ‘kicks’? Better yet, who does not like a good pair of shoes that are also based on an iconic video game character? No one. Especially not after you see these Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers.
First, there are the absolutely amazing self-tying shoes from Nike that recreate those famous time travel kicks from Back to the Future. Now, Japan has bestowed upon the world a brand new pair of red Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The winning comment: it is based on Sega’s famous blue mascot. Yes! For the first time, loyal fans can now buy a pair of the blue wonder’s shoes.
For 6500 Japanese Yen, or around R780 ZAR before shipping, you can grab a pair of official Anippon Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The shoes are available in size six and ten (US), and they are selling out fast. Before you ask, yes, they are actually unisex despite Anippon listing them as a “men’s shoe”.
The Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers are actually a way of immortalising Sonic for his 26th birthday. This is honestly a very nice gift for any big Sonic fan and will make an amazing auxiliary gift along with Sonic Mania, which released on 15 August for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Now if only these sneakers would allow us to move as fast as the blue wonder! One can dream.
- Dragon Quest XI Review – Echoes of an elusive perfect score - 19 November, 2018
- Hugh Jackman’s Logan Playlist – Music that defines the grizzled Wolverine - 19 November, 2018
- DEOD Review – a promising streaming service still in its infancy - 19 November, 2018
- Sony SRS-XB21 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review: Tiny Powerhouse - 16 November, 2018
- Turner Upfront Africa 2018 event celebrates young female minds - 14 November, 2018
- Everything you can expect from the Boomerang 2018-2019 season - 14 November, 2018
- Everything you can expect from Cartoon Network 2018-2019 season - 14 November, 2018
- 11-11: Memories Retold Launch Trailer commemorates lives lost in WW I - 13 November, 2018
- WWE SuperCard Season 5 bring a major overhaul to the title - 13 November, 2018
- Mad Catz is back! New range of R.A.T. Gaming Mice unveiled - 13 November, 2018