Games may not be for everyone, but common ground might not be as far off as you might think. Shoes, for example, are one of the most beloved and useful fashion accessories. I mean, who does not like a good pair of ‘kicks’? Better yet, who does not like a good pair of shoes that are also based on an iconic video game character? No one. Especially not after you see these Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers.
First, there are the absolutely amazing self-tying shoes from Nike that recreate those famous time travel kicks from Back to the Future. Now, Japan has bestowed upon the world a brand new pair of red Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The winning comment: it is based on Sega’s famous blue mascot. Yes! For the first time, loyal fans can now buy a pair of the blue wonder’s shoes.
For 6500 Japanese Yen, or around R780 ZAR before shipping, you can grab a pair of official Anippon Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The shoes are available in size six and ten (US), and they are selling out fast. Before you ask, yes, they are actually unisex despite Anippon listing them as a “men’s shoe”.
The Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers are actually a way of immortalising Sonic for his 26th birthday. This is honestly a very nice gift for any big Sonic fan and will make an amazing auxiliary gift along with Sonic Mania, which released on 15 August for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Now if only these sneakers would allow us to move as fast as the blue wonder! One can dream.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place after Avengers: Endgame - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Smart Devices detailed for the home in 2019 - 17 January, 2019
- Lenovo Legion “gets savage” in 2019 with new gaming hardware - 16 January, 2019
- Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer reveals Mysterio, retcons Infinity War? - 16 January, 2019
- Resident Evil 2’s Leon S. Kennedy Playlist – A rookie cop’s first day on the job - 14 January, 2019
- Fallout 76 Review – An empty and irradiated husk of possibility - 14 January, 2019
- Hitman 2 Review – The very definition of insanity, in the best possible way - 14 January, 2019
- PlayStation Plus Games January 2019: Steep, Portal Knights & Amplitude - 7 January, 2019
- Playlist: Aquabro (Justice League’s Aquaman) – Fist-pumping bro tunes! - 31 December, 2018
- Triggerfish wants to put more African creators on the big screen - 30 December, 2018