Games may not be for everyone, but common ground might not be as far off as you might think. Shoes, for example, are one of the most beloved and useful fashion accessories. I mean, who does not like a good pair of ‘kicks’? Better yet, who does not like a good pair of shoes that are also based on an iconic video game character? No one. Especially not after you see these Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers.
First, there are the absolutely amazing self-tying shoes from Nike that recreate those famous time travel kicks from Back to the Future. Now, Japan has bestowed upon the world a brand new pair of red Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The winning comment: it is based on Sega’s famous blue mascot. Yes! For the first time, loyal fans can now buy a pair of the blue wonder’s shoes.
For 6500 Japanese Yen, or around R780 ZAR before shipping, you can grab a pair of official Anippon Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers. The shoes are available in size six and ten (US), and they are selling out fast. Before you ask, yes, they are actually unisex despite Anippon listing them as a “men’s shoe”.
The Sonic the Hedgehog sneakers are actually a way of immortalising Sonic for his 26th birthday. This is honestly a very nice gift for any big Sonic fan and will make an amazing auxiliary gift along with Sonic Mania, which released on 15 August for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Now if only these sneakers would allow us to move as fast as the blue wonder! One can dream.
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018
- Zeus’ Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale set in Ancient Greece - 6 September, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes players to the Hidden City of Paiti - 6 September, 2018
- Deviljho finally comes to Monster Hunter: World’s PC version - 6 September, 2018