On the 91st day of the year in 2011, Vamers was brought to life. That day was a Friday, and it was also April Fools’ Day. Since that time, the website has grown from a simple extension of a personal blog, into a full on brand with its own unique digital presence, a thriving and passionate online community, and even an ecommerce store that will soon branch out into the physical retail landscape.
Vamers has become a large part of my life, one that I am privileged to be able to contribute to on a daily basis. Although not without its challenges, I am grateful and blessed to have been a part of this ‘passion project turned business’.
As with all things in life, change is inevitable. Six years have passed since Vamers first launched, and the site was last refreshed three years ago. In that time, mobile devices have proliferated the technological landscape – especially in terms of media consumption. The change has been so drastic, that close to 60 percent of all of our monthly traffic originates from mobile devices. There has also been a trend towards simple yet visually striking styles for websites within the spheres of technology and entertainment media. With this knowledge in mind, the Vamers Crew set out to build a beautiful new look that is fast on mobile, easy to use and visually eye catching.
Sleek. Sexy. Sophisticated. Say hello to an all-new look on Vamers
The 2017 redesign of Vamers is visually quite different from previous iterations of the site. Gone are the ‘timeline’ views, replaced by interactive blocks that put the visual cues of each article at the forefront. Making it much easier to, at a glance, find something that might interest you from the hundreds of unique articles in our database.
The new look has also been built from the ground up for mobile. No matter which device you use, the site is now fully responsive, fast to load and visually striking. Certain devices will even employ more of a minimalist look in articles to help save on data usage and costs.
In addition to a visual overhaul; there are also a few ‘quality of life’ additions for readers who use tablets and desktop browsers. Most notably is the new article recommendation block, which slides in to recommend interesting content. It is a favourite amongst the Vamers Crew. The site now also displays the weather in our home locale and the current date; and there is a ‘news ticker’ on the home page for popular and new content.
No matter how our community chooses to browse Vamers, our new design ensures that the experience is one that is sleek, sexy and sophisticated.
Although the Vamers Crew has worked hard to iron out any and all bugs in the new design, there will most likely be one or two inconsistencies here and there. Please feel free to report these to us via our contact page.
With that said, we really hope you enjoy our new look as much as we do!
Live long and geek on!
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018
- PlayStation 4 Midnight Blue & Steel Black DualShock 4 Controllers Arrive - 5 March, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human officially releases on 25 May 2018 - 5 March, 2018