Microsoft’s Xbox One X is only a few months away. As such, more and more developers and game studios are revealing how their games will be taking advantage of the system’s six teraflops of computing power. One such title is the incredible Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics blockbuster hit, Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015).
According to Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics, the game’s Xbox One X enhancements were developed in partnership with Nixxes Software. The updates include both graphical and technical enhancements that adequately make use of the upgraded system’s architecture.
Most interestingly, it appears as if Nixxes is adopting the same kind of performance profiles that are available on the PlayStation 4 Pro version of the game. With that said, the Xbox One X enhancements will allow players to choose from three different visual modes, namely:
• Native 4K: for a full 3840 by 2160 resolution
• Enriched Visuals: for stunning graphic upgrades
• High Frame Rate: for the smoothest possible gameplay
Given the aforementioned options, the 4K mode will most likely be capped at 30 frames per second, whereas the enhanced visuals might operate at 1080p or slightly higher with a 30 frames per second cap, and the last option resulting in a 1080p resolution with 60 frames per second.
The different display profiles for Rise of the Tomb Raider will also make use of the following Xbox One X enhancements in one way or another:
• HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
• Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio
• Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
• Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details
There are also a large variety of visual enhancements including:
• Improved volumetric lights
• Improved reflections
• Enhanced foliage
• Upgraded polygonal detail
• Amplified texture filtering
I must say, it is pretty great that Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics have chosen to support the Xbox One X. As someone who has already pre-ordered the console, this will no doubt give me additional incentive to play the game again, especially on a 4K television.
- These Vamers Gifs will give your gif game much needed life - 19 April, 2018
- Win With Vamers: God of War Limited Edition [PS4 Only] - 19 April, 2018
- My Spirit Animal: Kratos – What life is like living with the God of War - 19 April, 2018
- Five actors who could be Kratos in a God of War Movie - 12 April, 2018
- Sea of Thieves is like tasty grog: good, even with a hangover [REVIEW] - 11 April, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold April 2018: Puzzles, Assassins, Space & Cars - 29 March, 2018
- Targus SteelSeries Sniper Backpack: comfortable protection [REVIEW] - 28 March, 2018
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018