Few things are better than munching on delicious and crispy chicken skins that have been seasoned with the colonel’s secret blend of herbs and spices. I have often dreamed of KFC offering “skin bites”, a pack of deep fried chicken skins. They could then sell the skinless chicken bits as a ‘health’ option. After all, that signature Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) taste is legendary, and oh so addictive. My personal dreams aside, it appears as if the higher ups at KFC in Hong Kong felt the same way about the taste of their chicken, because the brand created KFC nail polish. Better still, it is edible.
In a campaign that took place in Hong Kong within 2016, KFC took their “Finger Likin’ Good” slogan quite literally by creating two unique variations of KFC nail polish. So that, you know, you could paint it on, and then lick your fingers. All in a bid to enjoy that signature KFC taste without actually buying any KFC chicken.
The fast food chain tasked the unique campaign to Ogilvy & Mather, who then worked with food technologists at McCormick, the spice company that provides KFC’s secret mix of 11 secret herbs and spices, to create the KFC nail polish for the company’s Hong Kong market.
Two of the brand’s favourite flavours were used for the campaign: Original and Hot & Spicy. Unlike normal nail polish, however, the KFC nail polish is made from all natural ingredients and is completely safe to consume. As such, it has a shelf life of only five days and must be refrigerated. According to KFC, it is also quite easy to use; basically “consumers simply apply and dry like regular nail polish, and then lick—again and again and again”.
Each variant of the KFC nail polish is packaged in a stylish glass bottle and accompanying box to appeal to consumers who have a “love of food and fashion”. If anything, this campaign is certainly quite unique and is inline with KFC’s previous stint that drove people to nausea. Truthfully, I would love to get my hands on the stuff; for testing purposes, obviously.
- South African PlayStation Black Friday 2017 Deals Revealed - 14 November, 2017
- Xbox One X UK Launch Exceeds Expectations, 80 000 consoles sold - 14 November, 2017
- Workout like a Sith with Star Wars Gym Equipment - 8 November, 2017
- Pac-Man’s Most Obvious Secret Cannot be Unseen - 8 November, 2017
- Cuphead is a Frustratingly Good Run and Gun Game [Review] - 18 October, 2017
- GLITCHED is South Africa’s newest show about Video Games - 16 October, 2017
- Nintendo Pop-Up Store + Hands-On with Super Mario Odyssey - 15 October, 2017
- Win With Vamers ALIEN DVD & ALIEN: Isolation Game Bundle - 15 October, 2017
- Star Wars Theme Sung entirely by Porgs - 12 October, 2017
- The full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is here, & it’s mind-blowing! - 10 October, 2017