When it comes to marketing, Bethesda Softworks sure knows how to do it well. They often produce some of the best live-action trailers for their games. Speaking of, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is undergoing the same treatment, and what better way to kick off the months before release than with a sublimely crafted propaganda trailer about the Panzerhund.
The trailer itself is very reminiscent of television shows from the 50s and 60s. It even features the same faux resolution and blur that was common from shows during that period. In this instance, the Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus advertisement stars a girl called Peggy, who has gone to the shop to fetch some groceries. Peggy makes her way back home through the hills where she comes across two officers in need of assistance.
Wanting to help, Peggy blows into her ‘dog whistle’ and calls Liesel, a huge, mechanical Panzerhund. For reference, it is the same size as the massive robot dogs from the first game. Liesel, as Peggy calls it, helps the officers right up, but then proceeds to malfunction before Peggy scolds it. Yes, the advert is quite weird, but it is also well made and very entertaining.
Of course, the video also switches to a bit of gameplay featured in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. It shows how BJ Blazkowicz rides, what I presume to be, a Panzerhund in a surprising twist against the Nazis.
Truth be told, I would not mind have a Panzerhund at my disposal. I am not really sure what I would do with it, but the fact that it can blow fire, like a dragon, is already a win in my books. Kommen Sie hier Welpen!
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus arrives on 27 October 2017, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Sources: True Achievements]
- China’s Panda Shaped Solar Farm Mixes Creativity with Technology - 11 August, 2017
- University of California, Irvine to add Overwatch Scholarship Program - 10 August, 2017
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus introduces ‘Liesel’ the Panzerhund - 8 August, 2017
- USB 3.2 will Double Data rates for Existing Type-C Cables - 4 August, 2017
- The Logitech G433 is Great for PC, not so much for Console [Review] - 3 August, 2017
- Drive the illustrious Regalia from Final Fantasy XV in Forza Horizon 3 - 29 July, 2017
- DotA 2 VS Gaming Masters Grand Finals takes place at EGE - 25 July, 2017
- Adi Shankar to Helm Official Assassin’s Creed Anime Series - 19 July, 2017
- Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of Final Fantasy, reveals his favourite game - 19 July, 2017
- Apparently a Samsung Bixby Speaker is in the works - 19 July, 2017