While it is no secret that I adore Logitech’s impressive build quality and that their G710+ will forever be my keyboard of choice, it must be said that their products are often fairly expensive. Especially when there are cheaper, and equally good, products on the market. This brings me to the Logitech G413 mechanical keyboard. It is a new Logitech product designed to be an entry-level offering from, in my opinion, one of the best gaming peripheral makers on the market.
What makes the G413 stand out is the company’s decision to include their own mechanical switches into the build. Whereas Logitech often opts for the tried and true Cherry MX switches, the G413 (and other newer offerings) are equipped with Logitech Romer-G mechanical switches instead. Logitech touts a 25 percent faster actuation for their Romer-G keys, compared to “standard mechanical keys”. This will ensure that your competitive gaming needs are met, even with an entry-level keyboard like this.
The Logitech G413 mechanical keyboard also looks like it fits right into the rest of the Logitech G keyboard lineup. It features a brushed aluminum-magnesium alloy top case and a premium plastic back that lends it a sleek and professional look.
Furthermore, the keyboard comes in two flavours: Logitech G413 Silver, which features Logitech’s iconic white backlighting for a focused, premium look; and the normal Logitech G413 Carbon, which features an elemental red backlighting for the flashy types out there. Both versions have a USB 2.0 passthrough, programmable macro keys, and laser-etched cylindrical keycaps. The keyboards also come with an extra set of 12 performance faceted keycaps designed by “eSports pros”.
The Logitech G413 mechanical keyboard has a starting recommended retail price of $90 USD. At only ~R1,500 ZAR (by direct conversion) it really is a good price for a keyboard from Logitech.
- Mad Catz ES PRO+ Gaming Earbuds Revealed; Available across Europe - 20 February, 2019
- Boomerang Africa March 2019 Highlights: Tom & Jerry turns 50! - 20 February, 2019
- Cartoon Network Africa March Highlights: Oswaldo leads the pack - 20 February, 2019
- Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles announced - 20 February, 2019
- Football Manager 2019 Review – not for the faint of heart - 18 February, 2019
- Pre-Order The Division 2 on PC and get a free game! - 15 February, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 adds Jade to the roster - 15 February, 2019
- Team Cherry reveals Hollow Knight: Silksong - 15 February, 2019
- Far Cry New Dawn Review: a lush and nostalgic addition to Far Cry 5 - 14 February, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 brings back Kabal and D’Vorah - 12 February, 2019