I am not a big petrol-head and most of my friends know a lot more about cars than I do. However, I do know a good-looking car when I see one, and the McLaren 720S is one such car.
Shortly after the McLaren 720S was revealed at the Geneva Motor Show, Slightly Mad Studios announced that this gorgeous super car will feature in their upcoming racing simulator, Project Cars 2. This is amazing, considering the extremely new status of the vehicle. It means that McLaren and Slightly Mad Studios have been working on this announcement for some time.
On paper, the McLaren 720S can reach top speeds of 341 km/h and go from 0-100 km/h in less than 3 seconds. This kind of performance is thanks to its twin-turbo 4.0 litre V8 engine, and what the company calls ‘Active Suspension’ and ‘Active Aero’. On paper, it certainly sounds incredible. In reality, the car is most likely a beast. The McLaren 720S clearly borrows a similar look and feel from the 650S, which it replaces. Interestingly, it is also an entire $100,000 USD cheaper than its older sibling. I am not sure how vehicles will be accrued in-game, but whatever the case may be, I know I will be saving up for one.
Project Cars 2 will feature upwards of 170 different licensed vehicles from a range of manufacturers. Since its reveal, the same motto has been repeated by the studio: a simulation game for gamers, by gamers. The notion clearly shows. The first Project Cars was a massive success simply because of all the heart that went into it. I am positive that it will be the case once again with Project Cars 2 once it releases later this year for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
- Konami & UEFA Champions League partner for PES League World Tour 2018 - 13 October, 2017
- Quirky stealth game Serial Cleaner to mop up gore on Nintendo Switch - 12 October, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole gets a Prequel Episode - 12 October, 2017
- The Evil Within 2 launch trailer takes Sebastien back to Hell - 12 October, 2017
- Forza Motorsport 7 is Gorgeous, full featured & one of 2017’s Best Racers [Review] - 9 October, 2017
- VS Gaming crowns Damage Control CS:GO Masters champion at Rage 2017 - 9 October, 2017
- “We are already at war, they just don’t know it yet” in Good Business Sci-Fi short film - 9 October, 2017
- Important things to know about Gran Turismo Sport - 9 October, 2017
- Whether Jedi, Sith or Rebel, these Star Wars Motorcycle Helmets are Fantastic - 9 October, 2017
- Destiny 2: Take Back Your Light! Well, after your grinding [Review] - 5 October, 2017