The next Gears of War is only a few weeks away. To celebrate the game going gold, Microsoft and The Coalition have released a brand new action-packed trailer for the Gears of War 4 launch.
For those who may not know, Gears of War 4 takes place 25 years after the end of Gears of War 3. The events of that game allowed Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad to make Sera safe for the next generation. Fenix’s son JD has lived with that peace… until now. A new threat called the Swarm has emerged and now JD, along with his friends Del and Kait, must fight together and survive the night!
The Gears of War 4 launch trailer is narrated by John DiMaggio, the voice of Marcus Fenix, and features new action and some intense surprises. One of my favorite aspects of the trailer is the hauntingly beautiful cover of Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters,” as performed by Lissie. It is unforgettable and perfectly compliments the high-intensity action featured in the new trailer.
Like previous games in the series, Gears of War 4 encourages players to ‘Never Fight Alone’ by teaming up with a friend through cross-platform co-op gameplay on either Xbox One or Windows 10. In fact, the digital edition of Gears of War 4 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, which means that you will be able to play across both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, as all game progress, Gamerscore, and Achievements are saved on and accessible through Xbox Live. This is one of the reasons why I prefer to purchase all Xbox One games digitally – basically a two for one deal!
Gears of War 4 officially releases on 11 October 2016, so just a few weeks to go (or on 7 October 2016 for gamers with early access via the Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition).
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018