Night mode, the ever-elusive “dark” theme that so many users always ask for. Whether it pertains to Mac, Windows, or even mobile apps, night mode is a highly sought-after feature. Many have asked for a Twitter Night Mode for the official application. Android users were granted the functionality to “tweet in the dark” in July, much to the chagrin of iOS users.
Thankfully, Twitter Night Mode is finally available on iOS. The feature is slowly being rolled out globally, and should be available to all in September, 2016.
Twitter Night mode effectively allows users to “tweet in the dark”, according to Twitter’s official announcement. Night mode basically changes the default white theme of Twitter’s official application to a more desirable and ‘soft-on-the-eyes in the dark’ navy blue and black.
— Twitter (@Twitter) August 22, 2016
Users who want the Twitter Night Mode must be using the latest version of the application. Twitter have also added a quick “how-to” guide to their “Get Started on iOS” page, but it really is quite simple.
To activate night mode, simply follow these steps:
- Tap the “Me” button in the lower right corner of your screen.
- When your profile page pops up, tap on the gear symbol to the right of your profile picture.
- The Settings Menu will appear. Tap “Turn on night mode.”
If followed correctly, you will notice the changes immediately. Now we can all finally tweet in the dark without squinting our eyes.
- Football Manager 2019 Review – not for the faint of heart - 18 February, 2019
- Pre-Order The Division 2 on PC and get a free game! - 15 February, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 adds Jade to the roster - 15 February, 2019
- Team Cherry reveals Hollow Knight: Silksong - 15 February, 2019
- Far Cry New Dawn Review: a lush and nostalgic addition to Far Cry 5 - 14 February, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 brings back Kabal and D’Vorah - 12 February, 2019
- Apex Legends Battle Pass and Year 1 Roadmap Revealed - 12 February, 2019
- First Twitch Rivals Apex Legends tournament is here - 12 February, 2019
- The Division 2 private beta hands-on: harder, better, faster, stronger - 11 February, 2019
- Battlefield V Review: Beautifully Disappointing - 8 February, 2019