Gaijin, rejoice! Japan’s mega pop star, the digital Hatsune Miku, is headed to Western audiences. Sega announced that Hatsune Miku VR is coming. This will allow Western audiences to experience the Miku concert through Virtual Reality (VR), allowing Western fans to effectively experience Hatsune Miku in the “flesh”.
For those who do not know, Hatsune Miku is a digital avatar voiced by a synthesiser. Basically, a singing program with a cute blue-haired avatar. She is a huge star in Japan with recent hits like Odds & Ends, where she collaborated with Ryo Supercell.
Hatsune Miku VR Future Live is the full title, and it will be making its way exclusively to PlayStation VR. The experience hopes to bridge the gap between the physical world and the digital world of Hatsune Miku. Players will, therefore, be “transported” to a virtual stadium where they will listen to the digital popstar. It is said to be an exclusive and highly immersive experience.
In the VR experience, players will be able to play (or sing) along using the virtual glow stick. Players can keep time and cheer Miku on during her concert. The goal of the game will be to cheer her on and build up her voltage. When the voltage is maxed out, players will be transported on stage for a special one-on-one encore performance with Miku.
Hatsune Miku VR Future Live will grace your living room from the 14 October 2016, exclusively on the PlayStation Store for Sony’s virtual reality headset. Sony confirmed that it will be a standalone app. This means that you do not need to own any other Hatsune Miku titles to enjoy Hatsune Miku VR Future Live. As of now, Sega and Sony have not yet revealed any pricing for this VR experience.
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018
- Zeus’ Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale set in Ancient Greece - 6 September, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes players to the Hidden City of Paiti - 6 September, 2018
- Deviljho finally comes to Monster Hunter: World’s PC version - 6 September, 2018