iPhone owners know that Apple’s devices do not have the option of additional physical storage via SD Cards etc. Despite this, Apple still offers devices with 16 GB of storage, a measly figure given today’s High Definition pictures and videos. As such, many iPhone customers usually opt for the more expensive mid (32 Gb – 64 GB) or high-cost (128 GB) storage variants. However, given the cost of the devices, many people still enter the market with a 16 GB iDevice. Those who do know all to well the woes of “low storage space”.
One would think that Apple’s iCloud offering, would be a decent compromise. Sadly, it really is not and Google has taken notice. Enter Google and Google Photos.
With an unlimited storage option (for 16-Megapixel or smaller photos) and a very generous 15 GB free option for bigger photos, it really is a no-brainer. As a long-time 16 GB iPhone owner, one must adapt to the art of cloud storage. For instance, I personally have Dropbox, Google Photos, and iCloud setup in order to maximise my 16 GB of storage.
With a happy-go-lucky ad, Google has effectively highlighted every single PG-13 scenario where full storage could not have worse timing. The video scrolls though all of the differing scenarios to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody… and is it brilliant.
The advert also introduces a brand new feature for Google Photos called Free Up. This deletes all photos stored locally on the device that have already been uploaded onto the Google servers; freeing up space for more photos. Thanks Google.
- Yugi Moto from Yu-Gi-Oh! is joining Jump Force’s fighting roster - 19 September, 2018
- Raphael Sorel returns in Soulcalibur VI to slice and dice the competition - 19 September, 2018
- Logitech G partners with Aperture Gaming to invest in all-female esports - 19 September, 2018
- Free Lives announces Playtopia, a South Africa indie gaming festival - 19 September, 2018
- Green Hell Preview: the jungle is the least of your worries… - 18 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Review: Spectacular in almost every way! - 17 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets sold out - 14 September, 2018
- Zeus’ Battlegrounds is a Battle Royale set in Ancient Greece - 6 September, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes players to the Hidden City of Paiti - 6 September, 2018
- Deviljho finally comes to Monster Hunter: World’s PC version - 6 September, 2018