Spotify users have a neat little music discovery feature called Discover Weekly. It acts very similarly to Apple Music’s “For You” feature. Essentially it is a way to discover new music based on what you love. Now, Spotify have released a new feature that will work in pretty much the exact same way. The only difference being that it will pull results from only brand new releases versus the entire Spotify catalogue. This new feature is called Release Radar.
“When a new album drops, we don’t really have much information about it yet, so we don’t have any streaming data or playlisting data, and those are pretty much the two major components that make Discover Weekly work so well”, says Edward Newett, the engineering manager at Spotify in charge of Release Radar. As such, the new feature was developed to try and aid the discovery of new releases.
Every Friday, Release Radar will renew with a number of tracks catered to your listening habits. This will go hand-in-hand with Spotify’s new releases section. In short, Release Radar helps in the following way: if two artists had the same name and were injected into the same catalog, Spotify required users to go through and annotate it manually. Now, new algorithms allow the music service to assess songs quickly and frequently. In turn, this will allow users to have accurate Release Radar predictions.
- China’s Panda Shaped Solar Farm Mixes Creativity with Technology - 11 August, 2017
- University of California, Irvine to add Overwatch Scholarship Program - 10 August, 2017
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus introduces ‘Liesel’ the Panzerhund - 8 August, 2017
- USB 3.2 will Double Data rates for Existing Type-C Cables - 4 August, 2017
- The Logitech G433 is Great for PC, not so much for Console [Review] - 3 August, 2017
- Drive the illustrious Regalia from Final Fantasy XV in Forza Horizon 3 - 29 July, 2017
- DotA 2 VS Gaming Masters Grand Finals takes place at EGE - 25 July, 2017
- Adi Shankar to Helm Official Assassin’s Creed Anime Series - 19 July, 2017
- Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of Final Fantasy, reveals his favourite game - 19 July, 2017
- Apparently a Samsung Bixby Speaker is in the works - 19 July, 2017