Dishonored 2 was showcased in a behind-closed-doors press event at QuakeCon 2016. The showcase apparently saw the return of the ‘chaos system’ and featured some of the protagonist, Corvo Attano’s, murderous powers. Thankfully, Bethesda has released the video for all to see.
Dishonored has always been a game where players can practically take any path they desire. As such, Dishonored 2 will feature exactly the same capabilities, if not more. Players can choose to ghost through missions, practically unseen; knock guards out as they go for added security, or even murder everything and anyone in their path.
Chaos, one of the major deciding factors on how morbid the end-game will be, will make a return in Dishonored 2 through a revamped ‘chaos system’. High chaos, for instance, meant that more plague-ridden civilians and murderous mischiefs of rats would cover the various hubs players visited. On the other hand, low chaos meant that the city would go unaltered for the most part. As such, the “High Chaos” showcase means that folks lucky enough to attend the exclusive showcase were shown Corvo’s more deadly abilities.
According to the post, the audience were also treated to some of Corvo’s mobility-centric powers. Dishonored had Corvo teleport from one spot to another in a blink of an eye, thanks to a skill called Blink. Now, in Dishonored 2, Corvo’s blink ability will return and get a few extra buffs. For instance, Corvo can now use his Blink ability to chain lethal attacks while gaining the distance between him and his foes. Corvo’s ability has also been improved with the “stop and redirect time” improvement that came with the downloadable content for the first game. This improvement will give Corvo much more flexibility.
Corvo’s Bend Time ability also returns with some additional improvements. The post mentions how the demo showed Corvo using it the same way as in the first game. However, Corvo has the added ability, later on in the demo, that allows him to “step” through time. This will give you the ability to create a sequence of events and set it up. The demo shows Corvo throw his target over the balcony while he leaps in short bursts, killing a guard, and grabbing hold of his target’s body again. Similarly Wind Blast, which was mostly a defensive power from the first game, can now be used in creative ways.
The demo further showcases the use of the Spring Razor and Corvo’s trusty ol’ sword and pistol. The showcase has Corvo leading a group of Howlers into the Spring Razor, which literally rips them apart.
Dishonored 2 is set to release on 11 November 2016 for the Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Anthem is shaping up to be the game that Bioware needs - 11 June, 2018
- 1-Month Game Pass Deal for only R5 [First Time Sign Up Only] - 11 June, 2018
- UEFA Champions League will be included in FIFA 19 - 10 June, 2018
- Battlefield V Battle Royale is real and is coming this year - 10 June, 2018
- Respawn confirms Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – arrives in 2019 - 10 June, 2018
- Madden NFL 19 will release on PC & is a part of Origins Access Premiere - 10 June, 2018
- Yarny returns in Unravel Two – Available Right Now - 10 June, 2018
- Star Wars Battlefront II Clone Wars update is coming! - 10 June, 2018
- First ever annual Sandton SPCA Variety Showcase happening in June! - 29 May, 2018
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy releases 29 June 2018 for other platforms - 29 May, 2018